No-Bake Holiday Treats for the Sweet-Tooth

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

A Christmas party is not complete without holiday desserts. The holidays are an enjoyable time spent with the best company, however, finding the time to prep food can be quite a hassle during such a busy time of the season. Make and indulge in these 3 easy, no-bake treats and have your time spent, with your loved ones, a whole lot sweeter!

Peppermint Oreo Truffles: 

*This recipe yields about 10 truffles. Adjust the recipe and measurements depending on how much you choose to make.

Ingredients:

(18) Oreos

(4oz.) Cream Cheese Softened

(5) Peppermint Candies

(1 cup) White or Dark Chocolate Candy Melts

(1 tsp) Coconut Oil

(1 tsp) Peppermint extract

Additional:

Ziplock Freezer Bag

Object to crush cookies with

Parchment Paper with Baking Sheet

Instructions:

1. Place Oreos in the Ziplock Bag and crush the cookies, with a rolling pin or small bowl, into fine bits.
  2. Pour the Oreo bits into the softened cream cheese, and mix thoroughly.
  3. Roll the cookie mixture into 1 to 1.5 inch balls and place on the parchment paper, with a baking sheet underneath.
  4. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
  5. Crush peppermint candies, in a ziplock bag, into fine bits.
  6. Take out the Oreo mixture once about an hour has passed.
  7. Place melting chocolate and in a bowl and microwave it in 30 second intervals and mix in the peppermint extract until completely melted.
  8. Dip each Oreo truffle ball into chocolate and sprinkle peppermint candies on top.

Santa Hat Brownie Bites

Ingredients: Little Bites Brownies

(4 oz.) cream cheese, softened

(3 Tb) unsalted butter, softened

(3/4 tsp) Vanilla extract

(2 cup) powdered sugar

Strawberries (rinsed and hulled)

Additional:

• Mixer
  • Ziplock Bag

Instructions:

1. Arrange brownies on a plate
  2. To Make Frosting: Combine cream cheese, unsalted butter, vanilla extract and powdered sugar. Use a mixer, for 1 minute, to fluff up the frosting.
  3. Place frosting into Ziplock Bag and cut a small edge of the bag to make it into a piping bag.
  4. Swirl frosting on each brownie.
  5. Place a strawberry on top of each and add a little frosting on the tip of strawberry for the white top of the “Santa hat.”

Peppermint Bark

Ingredients: (12 oz.) semisweet dark chocolate, chopped

12 oz.) white chocolate, chopped

1/2 tsp.) peppermint extract

Candy canes, crushed

Additional:

Baking Sheet with Parchment paper

Pot with water filled about 3 inches

Large heat-proof bowl

Instructions:

1. Bring the water, in the pot, to a low simmer and put the large heat-proof bowl on top.
  2. Place the semisweet dark chocolate into the bowl and stir till thoroughly melted.
  3. Once chocolate is melted, pour and spread evenly onto baking sheet and refrigerate for 20 minutes till set.
  4. Repeat Step 2 with the white chocolate, pour it on top of the hardened dark chocolate and refrigerate again till hardened.

Have fun making these no-bake treats! 

Sharon is pursuing an undergraduate degree in PR & Strategic Communications at Purdue University. She is a Tennessee girl at heart, has a passion for fashion and to create. Truly a gal on the go. Find her on Instagram: @sharonjin_
All the way from Phoenix, Arizona, Janice attends Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, where she is currently a bioengineering major. Spending her time daydreaming Janice can be found jamming out to any song, watching netflix, or studying for the terrifying tests she has around the corner. You can follow her adventures @janichan on instagram.