Nicholas LaMar Whitehead ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Ladies, meet Nicholas Whitehead: our very artsy and super adorable Campus Cutie of the week. You might have noticed him around campus, as his retro frames and extraordinary fashion sense set him apart from the rest. Nick is a sophomore fine arts major, whose impressive pieces (featured in the photo at the right) have been on display in a number of exhibits in the Purdue galleries. But for the rest on this charming Cutie, here’s the 411:

Hometown: Gary, Indiana

Majors: Art & Design; African American Studies

Minor: Portuguese

Relationship status: Taken (sorry ladies!)

Favorite food: Salmon and Rice

Interests: My art. I love producing my own original works of art. My exhibitions are regularly featured in the Purdue Galleries, and painting and sketching are my favorite things to do. I also love playing basketball.

Girl trend you just don’t understand: I don’t understand UGG Boots! Everyday?

Favorite way to spend a weekend night: If I’m alone, I’ll probably drink tea while reading a book and watching anime. If I’m with a girl, I’ll cook her dinner and drink some red wine.

My kind of girl: I like a girl with a pretty smile and a beautiful personality. She has to be intelligent and be able to hold an intelligent conversation with me. But most importantly, someone who respects me.

Perfect date: That would be in my favorite city: Chicago. I’d just take her to Grant Park and have a picnic, sit there and relax, go for a walk downtown, and just talk.

Favorite thing about college: Gaining knowledge and meeting diverse people. That’s one thing I love about Purdue too.

Biggest ambitions in life: Become a professional designer; travel widely; create my own fashion line.

Relationship advice for girls: Always be yourself. Never back down.

Things that drive me crazy about a girl (in a good way): A girl with beautiful eyes and stunning curves, and someone who makes me smile no matter what. That’s a keeper.

Favorite team: Chicago Bulls!

Favorite pick up line: Excuse me ma’am, I’m sorry to disturb you but I just think you’re so beautiful. (Cheesy, I know ha!)

Pet peeves: Bad attitudes; girls who aren’t leaders and just kind of have the flock mentality. All I say is: Do you! Be you! And bad breath (yuck!)

Perfect kiss: I like it when it’s unexpected.

Dream girl: Rosario Dawson

Most important things on my bucket list: I want to live in Brazil for a long time. And see space. I want to see earth from a different perspective; from the moon or  just outer space.

Boxers or briefs: Boxers, any day.

Photos provided by Nick

Amanda Norell is a junior at Purdue University where she is working toward a communication degree, supplemented by an art and design minor. A true Midwesterner, Amanda was born in Chicago and raised in northern Indiana, just minutes from the Michigan border. In addition to being Purdue's Campus Correspondent, Amanda is also a junior board member on Liberal Arts Student Council, a member of Alpha Gamma Delta, and has both edited and written for The Exponent, Purdue's independent daily student newspaper.  She has held internships in both event planning and career development, and has her sights set on becoming an event and wedding planner after graduation. She cannot get enough of campus in the fall, crepes from Greyhouse, Urban Outfitters, and simply lovin' life.