New Romances That Will Make Your Heart Swoon

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

I love Valentine’s Day. The flowers, the color pink everywhere, the romance is truly in the air. Instead of getting sick of Valentine’s day and glad it is only 1 day, I wanted romance books that made me feel in love. Below are the 3 books that are newly released (February 2024) and will make you feel the love.

1. Girl Abroad- Elle Kennedy

Girl Abroad is a story about a girl who lived a relatively sheltered life in the shadow of her pop star dad. Wanting to experience her own adventures, Abbey decides to take a year abroad to London. But when her living situation does not work out as planned, she decides to go with the flow, allowing for lots of adventures, first love, heartbreak, and creating her own stories.

2. Bride- Ali Hazelwood

Bride is a book by Ali Hazelwood that brings in her normal STEM romance and mixes in fantasy. Misery Lark is a vampire who is forced into a marriage to the alpha werewolf, Lowe. Trying to figure out new laws, familial ties, and solving a mystery, Misery and Lowe have to learn how to work together. Will it end in bloodshed or a relationship that breaks societal standards?

3. Simply the Best- Susan Elizabeth Philips

Continuing on with the Chicago Stars series, Susan Elizabeth Philips brings a new couple to mix of football players. Rory has always lived in her younger brother’s shadow. Brett Rivers, the agent to Rory’s brother, always gets what he wants. When a murder occurs, these two must join forces and solve the mystery. Through constant arguments, these two start to fall, but will that be enough?

This month has truly been a knockout when it comes to new romance books. Hopefully, you are able to read one if not all of these amazing, well written stories. Happy reading!

Ella Fabian

Purdue '27

Ella Fabian is a freshman writer at the Her Campus at Purdue chapter. She writes primarily entertainment and health verticals on the site. Beyond Her Campus, Ella is a part of The Period Project, Rotaract Club, and multiple pharmacy clubs at Purdue. She is hoping to start a mental health advocacy club on campus as well. Ella is currently a freshman at Purdue University, majoring in Pharmaceutical Sciences, and is hoping to minor in German. After graduation, she hopes to work in Psychiatric Pharmacy in a hospital. Though, in her free time, Ella is an avid reader and loves a good rom-com. She also loves playing sports, Volleyball and Basketball, as well as, jamming out to Taylor Swift and Olivia Rodrigo.