This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

If I had to give a brief description of myself I would describe myself as “small and pale.” I have extremely fair skin and it takes several months to build up even a slight, barely noticeable tan. Because of my fair skin and the fact that skin cancer runs in my family, I typically stick to buying fake tan lotions. So, I was extremely excited to get my hands on L’Oréal Paris’s Sublime Bronzing Towelettes. Finally, there was a product that would make applying fake tan super simple and easy. The product description also stated that it was streak free, which is obviously a huge bonus.

Unfortunately, this excitement was short lived.

I followed all the directions that were on the product box. I shaved, exfoliated, and properly prepped my skin. I used the little towelettes as directed. I did my best to evenly apply the product on my skin, being extra careful about the knees, ankles, and elbows. I waited a few hours for the tanner to finally show up, and…wow, the results were horrifying. The fake tan came out so streaky, I felt like a partly tanned zebra.

I always try a product more than once just in case I messed up something on my end. I retried applying this product two more times after the first mess up. It NEVER got better. I was stuck with streaky-looking skin for a whole month. Thankfully, it was cold outside and I could wear long sleeves.

To anyone thinking about buying this product, I would not recommend it. Save your money and put it towards somethings else. I’m not sure if anyone else has had any luck with this and has got it not to streak. For the amount of preparation I went through before applying this, only to have the final look be a hot mess, it was not worth it. After three applications, I threw the rest of the towelettes away. There’s plenty of other tanners out there that are cheaper and that work much better.

Kathryn is currently an undergraduate student at Purdue University transitioning into studying aeronautical engineering technology. When not studying she enjoys going to the gym, modeling, and going out with her friends.
Danielle Wilkinson is an Atlanta native and currently a senior at Purdue University studying Mass Communication. She is the co-correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Purdue. She has written for several online and print publications in the past including The Purdue Exponent, The Tab, Society 19, Study Breaks Magazine and Voy Study Abroad. She loves traveling, shopping and everything entertainment, especially movies and TV, but 90s rom coms will always be her favorite. She hopes to move to California one day to pursue a career in marketing. In her free time, she loves YouTube, watching movies with her friends, working on her novel, drinking tea and reading books.