This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Skincare is super expensive, and I’ve been on a quest to find cheap but good skincare products to add to my routine. After a couple shopping sprees, this is what I’ve found so far!

CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser ($14)

I’ve been using this cleanser for a couple of months, and I like it. Since it’s a cleanser, it doesn’t really feel like it’s doing much, but it’s extremely refreshing to use! I use it to wash my face every morning and night and spritz some rose water on afterwards as a toner.

The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution ($8)

I saw this a ton on TikTok and I eventually gave in and bought one. I personally like it a lot, I feel that it works really well. It’s my first chemical exfoliator that I’ve ever tried, and I think I’ll stick with it! It does burn a little bit, but personally to me that just helps me believe in how much it’s working. I’ve only been using it for a couple of weeks so I haven’t paid attention to results, but my skin definitely feels clearer!

CeraVe Eye Repair Cream ($11)

I don’t have a huge problem with eye bags and dark circles under my eyes, but this eye repair cream has definitely helped to alleviate my tiresome eyes whenever I don’t get enough sleep. It’s a pretty small tube, but you don’t need to use much each time so it’s definitely worth the price. I bought it for $16 about a month ago, and I can definitely say that you’ll get your money’s worth out of this tube.

The INKEY List Retinol Serum ($10)

This honestly might be my favorite thing in my skincare routine at the moment. This is my first product from The INKEY List and I’m definitely going to try out more after my experience with this retinol serum; I’ve had problems with wrinkles on my forehead for the last couple of years from lack of sleep and raising my eyebrows too much when I put on mascara (big oof, I know). I’ve been using this serum for about a month and a half now, and I can see a noticeable decrease in my forehead wrinkles. Some days, I can still see the wrinkles if I don’t get enough sleep, but they show up a lot less nowadays, and are barely noticeable most times! I don’t have particularly sensitive skin so it doesn’t give me a burning sensation that some people feel, so I think it’s great!

Not all skincare products work for everyone, but these have worked amazingly for me (I have normal type skin for reference). I would highly suggest trying some of these out, especially since they’re so affordable so you won’t feel as guilty if you don’t end up liking it! Skincare is such an expensive and confusing journey with so many products out there, and I’ve only gotten into the world of skincare since halfway through quarantine. I hope that my experience and shopping sprees can help you find some new products that you would like to try and hopefully come to love too!

Hi! I'm Michelle, a senior at Purdue University studying Brain and Behavioral Sciences with a minor in Management. I'm from Orange County in sunny SoCal. Some of my hobbies include golfing, journaling, and singing!