Style

My Cold-Weather Must Haves for the Winter Season

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Harsh winter weather is something that I am still getting used to. Being from Arkansas, I had never experienced a true winter before coming to college. What I have learned is that with the beautiful white snow, comes dry skin and freezing hands. I have accumulated tons of products that have saved me and got me through the frigid temperatures, and they have quickly become staple items in my everyday life.

The most important part of my everyday routine in the winter is skincare! My skin gets incredibly dry during the winter months and only great products can save it. I have been absolutely loving the Mary Kay Naturally Moisturizing Stick*! This is a truly genius product! Seeing as it is in stick form, it is very easy to throw in your bag and apply whenever your skin is needing a little extra help. I love how versatile it is, because I can apply it all over or to specific spots that need extra love.

On the off day that I decide to put makeup on, I love to just apply the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream. It is very light coverage, because can easily be built up by applying an extra layer. I always gravitate back to this, because it is very hydrating which is very useful in the winter. It keeps your skin fresh and glowing, and it doesn’t dry your face out.

Another staple of mine during the cold months is a good jacket! I love accessorizing with jackets during the winter, because they keep me warm while being fashionable at the same time. I really love buying patterned or colored jackets because they serve their purpose while still making a cute outfit!

*Sponsored

Andi Baker is a Campus Correspondent and Senior at Purdue University, majoring in Actuarial Science and Applied Statistics with minors in Management and Art and Studio Design. Originally from Manila, Arkansas, Andi loves to drink sweet tea, read, and make art. You can follow her on Instagram @andibaker
All the way from Phoenix, Arizona, Janice attends Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, where she is currently a bioengineering major. Spending her time daydreaming Janice can be found jamming out to any song, watching netflix, or studying for the terrifying tests she has around the corner. You can follow her adventures @janichan on instagram.