burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

Must-Have Trendy Staples for Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

The cool, crisp fall air filled with subtle notes of pumpkin and apple spice, and the power colors of red, yellow, brown, and orange, all indicate that the fall season has indeed arrived. Fashion for the Fall of 2019 is a package deal of prints and bold colors. In addition, mules and healed booties are and will be timeless staples that are continuing to make way through the season.

Prints

Two words. Leopard and Gingham. Long skirts have strutted their way with a bit of spice. Leopard-printed midi skirts are very flattering and bring a cute edge to your outfit. They are paried best with knotted graphic tees, sweaters, and long-sleeved body suits. Legs feeling a bit chilly? Cop a long printed skirt for a femme edge and make it fashion! The same goes for Gingham-printed anything!

Bold Colors

2019 has been the year of female empowerment. Let’s continue to celebrate this rise in “Boss Babe” culture by showcasing it through what we wear. Let the bold, pops of color shine. Colors have a special way of expressing ideas, louder than words themselves. Be confident and own it.

Mules and Booties

A simple pair of shoes are just as important as the main article of clothing you wear. Mules are a quick slip-on which is convenient and definitely serves a chic look. Want to look put together, style your fit with these. An outfit can never go wrong with a cute heeled bootie. They honestly are timeless.

There you have it. Each piece mentioned above can spice up your fit in showcasing the best of fall outfits for the season. Do with what you can put your hands on and embrace what you can come up with yourself. Confidence is what ultimately puts the term “trendy” into any outfit.

Hocus Pocus

I think it would be an injustice to the entire holiday of Halloween if I didn’t put Hocus Pocus as my first movie. This is arguably the most notorious Halloween film of them all. The Sanderson sisters can not be messed with. I love this movie because it truly is a classic. If you turn on any television during October, chances are this movie will be playing. It has a perfect blend of comedy and suspense that solidifies its place as one of the most watched Halloween movies ever. I always have Hocus Pocus on my list of movies to watch every year when Halloween rolls around.

Halloween

Halloween is one of those movies that is  genuinely scary, which is perfect to get you in the mood for the holiday. It has everything you want in a scary movie: gore, a creepy murderer, and a killer theme song. In this movie, Michael Myers is back to torment his hometown after escaping the sanitarium he has been held in for the last 15 years for brutally killing his sister when he was just a young boy. Michael Myers is one of those characters that is virtually known by all simply because this movie is one of those cult-classic horror films. To this day, I still get creeped out by the music that plays right before he pops up on the screen. It is terrifying and fills you with immense suspense. If you haven’t seen Halloween, now is the time to watch it! Just make sure it is the original film!

Halloweentown

Halloweentown is my absolute favorite Disney Channel Original Movie, so I knew I had to include it in this list! It is just one of those movies that take you back to your childhood. I grew up watching this every Halloween, and I still do. It is an absolute classic! In this movie, you watch Marnie and her siblings save the day in a town that celebrates Halloween every day. They go on a grand adventure to save the town from a surprise evil villain that is threatening to ruin everything.  Also, as a bonus, Marnie comes from a family of witches.

Sharon is pursuing an undergraduate degree in PR & Strategic Communications at Purdue University. She is a Tennessee girl at heart, has a passion for fashion and to create. Truly a gal on the go. Find her on Instagram: @sharonjin_
All the way from Phoenix, Arizona, Janice attends Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, where she is currently a bioengineering major. Spending her time daydreaming Janice can be found jamming out to any song, watching netflix, or studying for the terrifying tests she has around the corner. You can follow her adventures @janichan on instagram.