Meet Writer of The Week, Rachael Lowe!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

This week’s Writer of The Week is the lovely Rachael Lowe! We’re so lucky to have such an optimistic and dedicated person like her on our team!  Here’s a few things about her you might not know: 

Hometown?

“New Carlisle, Indiana.”

Major/Minors?

“I’m majoring in Agricultural Economics with a minor in Communications.”

Favorite season and why?

“Fall. I love bundling up and wearing cute booties.”

Best drunk food?

“Famous Frank’s Crackhead Grilled Cheese, it’s the perfect combo of cheese and pulled pork.”

Favorite drink?

“I mainly alternate between coffee and wine, the stronger the better, in both cases.”

Celebrity Crush?

Honestly I don’t obsess about celebrities but I find G-Eazy attractive.

The show I’m binging right now is…

“American Horror Story, every Tuesday night I sit around and wait for it to air.”

If I’m not in class, I’m most likely….

“Napping, I am constantly trying to get a couple minutes of shut eye.”

My favorite person is….

“My sister, she is always working hard and so optimistic.”

Best movie I last saw was….

“We recently had a Her Campus social event and watched Clue, it is such a classic. I feel that everyone should watch it every Halloween.”

Best gift I’ve ever received was…

“For my birthday this year my boyfriend bought me a wine cooler, it conveniently fits under the desk in my room.”

Best advice I’ve ever received was….

“Try to not stress over what you can’t control.”

Favorite song right now?

“Shape Of You is still my jam, its just great for dancing, working out, cooking, really anything you do.”

Something I’ll never forget…

“All the wonderful friends I made while at Purdue.”

Favorite trip and why?

Sophomore year I went to Ireland for spring break as part of a study abroad. It was my first international trip and it was a total blast! I have so many crazy stories from that trip including celebrating St. Patrick’s Day in Dublin.”

Rachael Lowe was born in northern Indiana (the Region) and was raised knowing she would be attending Purdue. As a third generation Boilermaker she is majoring in Agricultural Economics and minoring in Communications. Her passions are traveling, wine, and puppies. In her free time she likes to craft, paint, have a nice glass of moscato, watch movies with friends, and bake. When Rachael graduates in May of 2018 she plans on having as much fun as she did in college. Follow her on Instagram @rachael03
Danielle Wilkinson is an Atlanta native and currently a senior at Purdue University studying Mass Communication. She is the co-correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Purdue. She has written for several online and print publications in the past including The Purdue Exponent, The Tab, Society 19, Study Breaks Magazine and Voy Study Abroad. She loves traveling, shopping and everything entertainment, especially movies and TV, but 90s rom coms will always be her favorite. She hopes to move to California one day to pursue a career in marketing. In her free time, she loves YouTube, watching movies with her friends, working on her novel, drinking tea and reading books.