nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Meet our Senior Editor Jennifer Rowella

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Jennifer Rowella is one of the kindest people you’ll ever meet. With a warm smile and welcoming demeanor, she can make anyone in the room feel at ease. But it’s her sharp editing skills and encouraging feedback that make her a rockstar senior editor!

HC Purdue: What is your major? Minors?

Jen: “I’m majoring in Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences and getting a minor in Human Development and Family Studies.”

HC Purdue: Where are you from?

Jen: “I’m from Ridgefield, Connecticut. It’s a small town about one hour outside of New York City.”

HC Purdue: Why did you decide to join her campus?

Jen: “I first heard about Her Campus from a friend who decided to start a chapter on Purdue’s campus. I was so excited to be a part of something new on campus, and to help build it up to be something great! I’ve always enjoyed reading and writing, and this gave me an outlet to do both.”

HC Purdue: What has been your favorite part of her campus?

Jen: “The people! I’ve met so many people who I wouldn’t have met otherwise. The girls in Purdue’s Her Campus chapter are some of the nicest, funniest, and coolest people I’ve met on campus. I love the daily shenanigans in our GroupMe, the meetings, the photoshoots, and just how supportive we are of each other.”

HC Purdue: What has been difficult about being the her campus senior editor?

Jen: “The most difficult part for me is staying organized and allotting enough time each week to edit articles, and pass them on to our (fabulous) Editor-in-Chief. Even though it’s a big time commitment, it’s worth it because I get to see how our wonderful writers have grown in their writing and in their enthusiasm for Her Campus.”

HC Purdue: What else are you involved with on campus?

Jen: “I’ve worked in the Experimental Amplification Research Laboratory in Lyles-Porter Hall for a little over a semester. We conduct a variety of hearing experiments. I love working there, and knowing that some of the research we do can possibly have a huge impact on the greater community.”

HC Purdue: What do you hope to do after college?

Jen: “I’m hoping to get into a graduate program in Speech-Language Pathology. I want to eventually work in a hospital or rehabilitation facility, working with people who have had strokes, traumatic brain injuries, or brain tumors.”

HC Purdue: What do you do in your spare time?

Jen: “I’m a pretty boring person, so usually Netflix or hanging out with friends.”

HC Purdue: What are you binging right now?

Jen: “I just started watching a show called Outlander, which is based on a book series. I cannot say enough good things about this show. It has everything, romance, history, action. I would recommend that everyone gives it a shot!”

HC Purdue: What has been your favorite memory at Purdue?

Jen: “There’s been so many! I can’t choose just one favorite memory, but I will say that my favorite thing about Purdue is the great friends I’ve made.

HC Purdue: Speed round! Favorite drunk food? Celebrity crush? Best vacation spot? Go to stress reliever? Favorite season?

Jen: “Chicken nuggets, Jake Gyllenhaal, Lake Sunapee New Hampshire, chocolate, Fall!”

Danielle Wilkinson is an Atlanta native and currently a senior at Purdue University studying Mass Communication. She is the co-correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Purdue. She has written for several online and print publications in the past including The Purdue Exponent, The Tab, Society 19, Study Breaks Magazine and Voy Study Abroad. She loves traveling, shopping and everything entertainment, especially movies and TV, but 90s rom coms will always be her favorite. She hopes to move to California one day to pursue a career in marketing. In her free time, she loves YouTube, watching movies with her friends, working on her novel, drinking tea and reading books.