This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

This week is Halloween, the night has finally arrived, and if you have about eight hours to spare before the spooky season ends, The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror is waiting with open arms. I’ve been binging The Simpsons for about four years now and it is my absolute favorite show to have on in the background. Whether I’m cleaning or studying for an exam, I’m always watching this silly family. From a young age, my family and I would gather around the television every fall to watch the latest Treehouse of Horror. So here is some advice from me, a Simpson myself, on all of the spooky 36 episodes.

1. Treehouse of Horror XXVIII-Season 29 Episode 4:

This is my favorite Treehouse of Horror for so many reasons. Season 29 was the first season that I became committed to watching the show consistently, before that it was simply a show my parents permitted my brother and I to watch on Halloween. The trio of episodes includes a variety of baby possession in the story about “Pazuzu” the cursed statue, “Coralisa” which is a spin-off of one of my all-time favorite fall movies, “Coraline”. Finally “MMM…Homer” which my brother fondly calls ‘hungry, hungry Homer’. All three stories are well-rounded and all could hold their own as single episodes as well as a silly introduction that shows the family as if they were candy pieces fighting for their lives on Halloween night.

• Thanksgiving of Horror-Season 31 Episode 8

I am obsessed with this episode. Plain and simple, this is the only way to describe my feelings toward this. While it is technically about Thanksgiving, it is still included in their roundup of Treehouse of Horror episodes. My brother and I have completely bonded over this episode and whenever this time of year comes around we always take time to sit together and watch this. There is something so comical about watching the typical Simpson family dynamic struggle as turkeys during the first Thanksgiving or watching a robotic Marge Simpson cook a huge family dinner and make a break for the world wide web.

• Treehouse of Horror XXIV- Season 25 Episode 2

Again this is a top-tier Treehouse of Horror episode and the introduction starts you off in the spooky mindset with a compilation of iconic horror movie moments worked into the iconic coach gag. The first episode, “Oh, the Places you’ll D’oh!” follows the Fat in the Hat and a nursery rhyme throughout the episode which never fails to make me chuckle. The second story dives into what if Bart lost his head and had to be attached to the shoulder of her sister Lisa. The sibling dynamic as they navigate challenge after challenge is always so comical. The third and final episode explores a traveling circus and the problems that occur. This is a great episode to watch for Halloween!

• Treehouse of Horror V- Season 6 Episode 6

When I think about the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror I immediately think about this episode. The first of the trio is a version of “The Shining”, which is the only Steven King movie that I can stomach with my low tolerance for horror movies. One of my favorite moments from any Simpsons episode is “No beer and no TV make Homer go crazy.” It is in my top three quotes that I have been known to repeat on a monthly basis. The third story in this trio explores the elementary teachers exploiting detention in order to create menu items made by their students. Overall, these are stories that display horror.

• Treehouse of Horror I- Season 2 Episode 3

This is the most nostalgic episode of The Simpsons from the moment Marge pushed past the curtains to give viewers a warning. It always brings me great memories. From the first story about a haunted house to a Simpsons rendition of “The Raven” by Edgar Allan Poe this episode is perfect for historic Halloween vibes. One of my absolute favorite moments is hearing Bart Simpson as a raven saying “Eat my shorts, nevermore.”

Here is a continuation of my rankings of every spooky tale, you can find all episodes on Disney +:

• Treehouse of Horror XX- Season 21 Episode 4
  • Treehouse of Horror XXX-Season 31 Episode 4
  • Treehouse of Horror XIX-Season 20 Episode 4
  • Treehouse of Horror XII- Season 13 Episode 1
  • Treehouse of Horror XXI-Season 22 Episode 4
  • Treehouse of Horror XIV- Season 15 Episode 1
  • Treehouse of Horror XXIX-Season 30 Episode 4
  • Not It-Season 34 Episode 5
  • Treehouse of Horror XXVII-Season 28 Episode 4
  • Treehouse of Horror XXXIII- Season 34 Episode 6
  • Treehouse of Horror XXXII-Season 33 Episode 3
  • Halloween of Horror-Season 27 Episode 4
  • Treehouse of Horror III- Season 4 Episode 5
  • Treehouse of Horror XI- Season 12 Episode 1
  • Treehouse of Horror VI-Season 7 Episode 6
  • Treehouse of Horror XXXI-Season 32 Episode 4
  • Treehouse of Horror XXIII-Season 24 Episode 2
  • Treehouse of Horror XVIII-Season 19 Episode 5
  • Treehouse of Horror XVI- Season 17 Episode 4
  • Treehouse of Horror XV- Season 16 Episode 1
  • Treehouse of Horror XXVI- Season 27 Episode 5
  • Treehouse of Horror XXV-Season 26 Episode 4
  • Treehouse of Horror XXII-Season 23 Episode 3
  • Treehouse of Horror X- Season 11 Episode 4
  • Treehouse of Horror XIII- Season 14 Episode 1
  • Treehouse of Horror VIII- Season 9 Episode 5
  • Treehouse of Horror IV- Season 5 Episode 5
  • Treehouse of Horror IX- Season 10 Episode 4
  • Treehouse of Horror XVII-Season 18 Episode 4
  • Treehouse of Horror VII-Season 8 Episode 1
  • Treehouse of Horror II- Season 3 Episode 6

Happy Halloween from this Simpson who is obsessed with creepy stories told in a treehouse!

Kendell is a writer at the Her Campus Purdue University chapter. She's been a part of Purdue's Her Campus chapter since fall of 2023. Her favorite topics to write about include entertainment, the music industry and about her favorite experiences around campus. Beyond Her Campus, Kendell is a freshman at Purdue University, majoring in Communications with a minor in History and Creative Writing. Originally from Noblesville, Indiana, she grew up visiting West Lafayette and loves the student life. In her free time, Kendell enjoys listen to music especially Taylor Swift. She is also really into reading and loves to talk about her latest reads, majority of which involve romance. She loves to bake and back home is known for her banana bread muffins, coffee cake and chocolate chip cookies.