Lush Kitchen Closes; My Wallet is Relieved

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Every time I walk into Lush my wallet knows there is no chance it will leave unopened. It is one of the few stores I never have enough items from, which is completely acceptable. I budget every few months so that I can spend a reasonable amount of money and if there is a product I see that was not worked into my budget, I wait until the next time. Since they have seasonal releases they are for the most part in stock the whole season. When I was just shopping at Lush, I was happy that I smelled wonderful and my wallet did not feel attacked.     

This all changed when I learned of Lush Kitchen. I still smelled wonderful but my bank account started dwindling. Lush Kitchen was an exclusive shop in the United Kingdom that had experimental products in low quantities. Some of these products were worked into the main product line but the majority of them were never produced again once they sold out. My shopaholic mind has an issue with wanting to buy all exclusive or limited-time products without thinking twice, so this became an issue.

The products were not the only pleasing part of the purchase. It was so exciting waiting for a package to come from overseas since you expect it to take an extremely long time and once your package arrives you get to open your beautifully wrapped items. Delicately laid on top of all your products are polaroids of Lush team members producing the products you purchased, this was by far my favorite part. When I heard that Lush Kitchen was closing and they were making an exclusive Polaroid, I just had to order it.

While I will extremely miss trying exclusive products that are not available in shops, I know it will help with my impulse buying and spending large amounts of money on items I don’t necessarily need.

Some of my favorite items that you can still purchase from Lush:

• Refresher shower jelly
  • Honey I Washed My Hair shampoo bar
  • Creamy Candy bubble bar
Rachael Lowe was born in northern Indiana (the Region) and was raised knowing she would be attending Purdue. As a third generation Boilermaker she is majoring in Agricultural Economics and minoring in Communications. Her passions are traveling, wine, and puppies. In her free time she likes to craft, paint, have a nice glass of moscato, watch movies with friends, and bake. When Rachael graduates in May of 2018 she plans on having as much fun as she did in college. Follow her on Instagram @rachael03