Lexi Howard Is for the Material Girls AKA the Forgotten Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Season 2 of Euphoria has finally graced our screens after a 2-year hiatus. This season is focusing more on Lexi Howard, who personally I love. Last season, Lexi was more of a background character whose storyline was more wrapped around everyone else’s. She was just “Cassie’s sister” and “Rue’s friend”, but Lexi never really had anything for herself. She is often perceived as more boring and more shy than the others, but she is just more of a people watcher, and I think her just sitting on the couch with Fez while everyone else was dancing and having some dramatic moment (insert Cassie in the bathroom) during the party on the Season 2 premiere is the perfect example of just how chill she is.

Everyone on Euphoria has such a big and overshadowing personality while Lexi is more introverted, which I relate to. It seems like she is constantly there for people by helping in a time of need and constantly listening to her friends talking about their problems, but when it’s time for her to share nobody is there for her. She is constantly overlooked and only called when it seems like there are no other options.

I love Euphoria and I always have but I never felt like I could relate to any characters except for this season. As much as I enjoy Maddy’s storylines I never really related to her personality. I feel like Lexi is the most relatable and underrated character on Euphoria and I am so happy she is finally getting the storyline that is long overdue. I am also obsessed with Maude Apatow, and I am glad she is finally getting the recognition she deserves because on top of being an incredible actor, there is just something so likable about her that I cannot explain.

Emani Powell

Purdue '22

Emani is currently a senior at Purdue University studying mass media communications and minoring in film and video studies with the hopes of becoming an entertainment journalist. In her free time she loves to read, bake, and binge any tv show that is currently trending.