Kim K. and Pete Davidson…Real or PR Stunt?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

If you have not been keeping up with the Kardashians, Kim and Kanye are separated, Kourtney is engaged to Travis Barker, and who knows what’s going on with Khloe and Tristian, but we are not here to talk about Kourtney and Khloe we are here to talk about Kim and her new relationship with Pete Davidson.

If you’ve never heard of Pete Davidson I’ll give you a quick summary, he is a cast member of SNL. He was engaged to Ariana Grande, then dated Kate Beckinsale then dated Phoebe Dynevor and he’s also bffs with Machine Gun Kelly.

Kim hosted SNL a few months back and after that is really when the rumors of the two started to spread. They were seen photographed together at Disney, getting dinner on multiple occasions, Pete even hung out with Kim’s famous family for her birthday.

I think everyone is questioning whether this relationship is real or is it just another infamous Kardashian PR stunt. Some were even saying how the Kardashian and Jenner family are trying to do everything they can to distract from the AstroWorld tragedy. I’m not saying I think that is completely true, but I will say that it is a little weird that days after AstroWorld happened and Travis and the famous family were getting a ton of heat for being inconsiderate Kim and Pete step out smiling and holding hands together. Pete also had a huge hickey on his neck.

I feel like this pairing is so out of the ordinary but at the same time I am kind of here for it. Like, what do they even talk about? I still am not 100% sure that I believe these two weren’t brought together by the mastermind that is momager Kris Jenner, but I am excited to see how this relationship plays out. Maybe Kanye has some competition after all.

Emani Powell

Purdue '22

Emani is currently a senior at Purdue University studying mass media communications and minoring in film and video studies with the hopes of becoming an entertainment journalist. In her free time she loves to read, bake, and binge any tv show that is currently trending.