This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

I know when most people think about long distance relationships, they tend to think it’s not even worth it. But let me tell you it totally is. But there are so many ways to keep the relationship alive (even from over 2,000 miles away).

1. Naughty Snapchats.

To start, it is important to know that long distance doesn’t mean sex has to die. I promise there are ways to get your fix without actually being with your partner. Thank god for technology. Sending snapchats back and forth can get heated pretty quickly. This is a great way to feel close to your significant other from a distance (and it is also lots of fun). Don’t be scared to get a little risky, I promise they will appreciate it ;)

2. Writing Letters.

There is something so special about receiving a handwritten note in the mail. Writing letters is a great way to stay connected to your partner when distance is involved. Handwritten notes are very sentimental and a very thoughtful way of showing affection and letting your significant other know you are thinking of them. You can even sign your letters with a kiss to make it extra special.

3. Facetime Dates.

It is so crucial in long distance relationships to make time for each other. I know it’s hard sometimes to create room in your schedule, but it is a must. It is completely up to you on how many times a week you choose to Facetime, but make sure you are putting in effort to find the time in both of your schedules. It is so refreshing to just chat with your partner and see their face. If you are looking to kick it up a notch, Facetime dates where you guys get ready like an actual date and eat together makes for a fun little virtual date. Also, a Huluparty or Netflixparty make watching a movie together from a distance actually enjoyable. You can pause the screen and type comments back and forth while watching.

Long distance is challenging and difficult at times, but that only makes the time spent in-person even more valuable. There are so many ways to keep up with each other every day and make your significant other feel special from a distance. Stick in there because any distance is so worth it for the right person!

Tori Rytell is the events director at the Purdue University chapter of Her Campus. She serves as the club treasurer as well as the events coordinator. Tori writes about a variety of topics with focuses on self-care, beauty, entertainment, and relationships. Aside from Her campus, Tori studies political science and business communications with a minor in law and society. Tori is involved in Greek life on campus. In her free time, Tori loves to take her dogs Stella and Max on long walks, watch Netflix reality TV shows or Suits, and spend quality time with her friends.