I Don’t Care About Keeping Up With The Kardashians

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Ever since Keeping Up With the Kardashians originally aired in 2007, I have had no interest or care for the Kardashian/Jenner clan. I feel that as a group of people with little talent the Kardashians get too much praise and attention from the media. I believe that there is too much focus on their lives, their brands are not that great, and they are extremely fake. 

Even though I haven’t watched a single episode of their show,I know way too much about the five sisters. Their faces are everywhere, from on the news to Snapchat stories. Every little thing they do is broadcasted to us. When Kylie announced the birth of her baby, I knew within thirty minutes of the announcement.

When I say anything about the Kardashians being famous for nothing, someone is always quick to say that they are all entrepreneurs. This is true, but only after their reality show aired. The only business they have that is still succeeding is Kylie’s overpriced lip kits. The only time I see their clothes or shoes are when they are in sale bins of the stores that they were featured in.

My biggest issue with their brands (as well as other celebrity brands) is that they do not use the product. Using their products you will not give you bigger lips, a better butt, or longer hair. It is truly sad that they use their influence to make people buy all these expensive products that are not what they claim them to be.

I am tired of seeing or hearing about the Kardashians. There are so many other public figures who are better role models to follow. I cannot wait for a different family to be the talk of the country.

Rachael Lowe was born in northern Indiana (the Region) and was raised knowing she would be attending Purdue. As a third generation Boilermaker she is majoring in Agricultural Economics and minoring in Communications. Her passions are traveling, wine, and puppies. In her free time she likes to craft, paint, have a nice glass of moscato, watch movies with friends, and bake. When Rachael graduates in May of 2018 she plans on having as much fun as she did in college. Follow her on Instagram @rachael03
Danielle Wilkinson is an Atlanta native and currently a senior at Purdue University studying Mass Communication. She is the co-correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Purdue. She has written for several online and print publications in the past including The Purdue Exponent, The Tab, Society 19, Study Breaks Magazine and Voy Study Abroad. She loves traveling, shopping and everything entertainment, especially movies and TV, but 90s rom coms will always be her favorite. She hopes to move to California one day to pursue a career in marketing. In her free time, she loves YouTube, watching movies with her friends, working on her novel, drinking tea and reading books.