How to Study According to Rory Gilmore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

With the first round of exams right around the corner, it’s time to get studying. For me studying can be super rough, I get distracted easily and lose focus. But from watching Gilmore Girls for the hundredth time, I’ve found a couple study habit tips from the girl who is known as the studying queen, Rory Gilmore. From switching to one of the hardest schools aka Chilton Preparatory School and battling it out with Paris Geller, Rory is the perfect role model when it comes to focusing and getting those A’s. Here are a couple of study habits of Rory’s to try out:

1. Viewing studying as a solitary activity

Studying in a group can be great, but there are points when no productivity can come out of group studying. There are fewer distractions when it comes to studying by yourself and Rory definitely has that in mind. It will be difficult to turn down people to study, but you just have to stick to your guns and try studying by yourself.

2. Have someone quiz you

After studying, having someone quiz you on the material you went over is really helpful when figuring out which parts you have to focus on. In Gilmore Girls, Lorelai was always there to lend a helping hand to Rory when studying.

3. Find the perfect spot

Where you study is super important. The environment you’re in sets the mood for studying. In order to get the most benefit out of studying, find a place where you feel most comfortable and can stay for a while. But be careful not to be too comfortable or else you might find yourself napping rather than studying. Rory made sure to find specific places for different kinds of studying she might need to do.

4. Dividing time between subjects

When the school work picks up and exams come along, it seems like every class has an exam around the same time. It is really hard to figure out how to spend enough time and work on each subject. But of course, Rory Gilmore has it figured out. She switches from subject to subject when she gets tired of when subject.

Studying can be really hard, but with a couple tips from Rory Gilmore, it can be easier. Let us know how you study.

All the way from Phoenix, Arizona, Janice attends Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, where she is currently a bioengineering major. Spending her time daydreaming Janice can be found jamming out to any song, watching netflix, or studying for the terrifying tests she has around the corner. You can follow her adventures @janichan on instagram.