This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

When it comes to living in a shoeboxed sized room you may seem lost on how to decorate and cozy up your space. Lucky for you I have some tips on how to cozy up your small living space. From blankets to pumpkins, any college student can easily spice up their room to bring in some fall comfort.

Blankets Upon Blankets

Blankets are a great addition to any room! They are cozy, chic, and keep anyone warm and cozy. What’s better is you can even make your own chunky-knit blanket (which I find to have incredible fall aesthetic). Walmart easily sells the supplies to make one of these fab blankets for under $20! Though they take some time to create, chunky knit blankets are a perfect addition to any room this fall.

Bath and Body Works Wallflowers

At Purdue it may seem hard to find ways to get your room to small like crisp fall air. With not being able to use candles it seems almost impossible even! Look no further than bath and body works wallflowers! I used these all the time in my dorm room last year. What’s great about these little guys is they are dorm room safe; no flame necessary! They come in a variety of different scents including their famous fall scents.

The 24-Hour TV Fireplace

It sucks not being able to cozy up to a fire at the moment. Lucky for you though YouTube has an array of 24-hour Fireplaces. When it came to Midterm season last fall my roommate and I had the fireplace channel playing 24 hours 7 days a week. What’s better is that its free! Though you won’t be able to feel its warmth, the aesthetic of the fireplace is sure to bring fall comfort.

Mini Pumpkins

A regular pumpkin, from a pumpkin patch, can cost anywhere from $15 to $30! As a college student that’s not really within our budget for something like that. If you take a trip to your local Walmart, however, you will find mini pumpkins for around $3 (now that sounds like a deal)! Last year I went wild with mini pumpkins and placed them all around my room. Pumpkins are a staple decoration for any room in the fall.

Living in a small space makes it hard to add larger pieces of furniture to spice up your room. However, if you want to reach that fall aesthetic items like blankets and pumpkins are sure to spice any room up for the season! I hope my list of decorations help send you in the right path to create the coziest dorm room space on your floor!

Ava Smith

Purdue '23

Hello! My name is Ava Smith. I am a junior studying Advertising and Film Studies. I am from a suburb of Chicago called St. Charles and enjoy all the wonderful parks it has to offer. My hobbies consist of writing, filmmaking, and spontaneous adventures with friends. Currently, I am the Multimedia Manager for Boiler Communication and Social Media Moguel at the Hub on State Street. This is my second year being involved in Her Campus and I am so excited about all the new memories and opportunities I will make this year and for years to come!