Style > Beauty

An Honest Review of the Alba Botanica Acnedote Pimple Patches

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

I have always been blessed to have fairly clear skin my entire life. I would classify it as dry and slightly sensitive. But for the past few months I have been struggling with more breakouts than normal. I had not changed my skin care routine for a while, so I figured it was not any new products. I stripped my skin care routine down and started all over. I was trying anything I could to help my skin. I tried different face masks, cleansers, and really any different remedies I could find on Google or Pinterest. However much I tried though I could not get my skin back to what I would consider to be its “normal” level. I was really frustrated to say the least.

Until as of recently I have gotten a routine that has made my skin better but not fully normal. I was looking for new products I could introduce to possibly help. And then I got the chance to try the Alba Botanica Acnedote Pimple Patches. They are these little dot-like patches that you put over a zit for up to eight hours. I put one on a huge pimple at night not thinking it would do much and went to bed. When I woke up in the morning, I took it off and the pimple was basically gone. I was shook.

These little dots have been a miracle product for me. Anytime I have a pimple now no matter how big or small I put one of the patches on it at night and take it off in the morning and they are always dramatically reduced. Another thing to note about them is that the patches come with two different sizes so you can pick which size would work best on each pimple. Another thing I really like about them is that on my skin after putting it on it is almost invisible. I have worn them out in public before and my friend did not even notice it till I pointed it out to her. They also do not move around and stay in place.

I would recommend these to anyone who is looking for something to help them with their acne. Or even if you just get the occasional pimple and need something to make it go away. I have been recommending them to all of my friends and they have been loving them as well. My skin now is back to a state that I would consider “normal” and it is thanks to adding these patches into my skincare routine.

Taylor is from a small farm town called McCordsville, Indiana but has some big goals set for herself. Currently she is studying selling and sales with a management minor at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana. In her free time Taylor enjoys photography and being a freelance model, traveling, spending time with her friends and family, and watching Netflix. You can follow her career @taylorbragdon on Instagram.
All the way from Phoenix, Arizona, Janice attends Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, where she is currently a bioengineering major. Spending her time daydreaming Janice can be found jamming out to any song, watching netflix, or studying for the terrifying tests she has around the corner. You can follow her adventures @janichan on instagram.