Holiday Gift Guide For Your Mom/Mother In Law

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Shopping for mothers-in-laws or moms can be very challenging, especially when it seems they already have everything. I have curated the ultimate gift guide for the mom or mother-in-law in your life.

1. PJ Set

I think every woman on this planet would be happy to be gifted a nice pajama set for the holidays. There are infinite options of comfy and cute pajama sets, but here are my favorites: the Skims long-sleeved button-up set is super stretchy and comfortable. It retails for $78 on the Skims website. If you have the budget to spend a little extra the Eberjey Gisele TENCEL Modal Long PJ Set is very timeless and the fabric is temperature-regulating. It sells for $138 on the Eberjey website. Lastly, Free People’s Dreamy Days Solid PJ Set retails for $98 and is composed of a lux satin fabric. A great gift topper to go along with a PJ set is an eye mask or silk pillowcase. The Blissy Dream Set includes 100% mulberry silk pillowcase, hair ties, and sleep mask. It is on sale for $90 and makes the most perfect solo gift or is even better in combination with a pajama set.

1. Holiday Candles

Holiday candles are a great way to go because everyone loves holiday or winter aromas. Every time the person receiving this gift lights the candle, they will think of you. Candle sets with a cute matchbox makes for a very thoughtful and fun gift for anyone in your life. Some top picks are the Boy Smells Holiday Votive Set for $68. This includes three holiday fragrance candles. Nest offers a Birchwood Pine Classic Candle Set with two holiday candles for $78. Nest candles last forever and have the most beautiful fragrances. If you are looking for a more budget-friendly option, Homesick has a wide variety of holiday candles ranging from $22-39. They also have a $9 room spray that would make for a great gift paired with its matching candle scent.

1. Winter Hat or Gloves

This one is slightly dependent on where you are geographically, but most people could use a new winter hat and/or gloves. I know my mom goes on long walks with my dogs daily, so she would definitely appreciate a warm winter hat or gloves. Alo Yoga offers a super cute Cable Knit Beanie on sale for $68. This hat fits perfectly and does not have any weird bagginess in the back. Alo also has the most adorable and cozy Faux Fur Mittens for $54, which would make for a stylish yet practical gift. L.L. Bean has a Women’s Ultrawarm Bomber Hat for $44 for a more heavy-duty but still cute look.

1. Jewelry Travel Organizer / Jewelry

Jewelry organization is super practical and doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg. Mark & Graham has a Small Piped Travel Jewelry Case that is completely customizable for $55. You can pick the font, colors, and monogram on the case. Customizing the gift makes it even more thoughtful and elevates the gift. Another option is the Nordstrom Square Zip Jewelry Box, which retails for only $20 and is adorable. This is great for travel and there are many color/pattern options. You can even get their first initial on the box. It would be such a cute gift to have a little piece of jewelry inside the box when they open it. One super cute and cost-effective option is the Nordstrom Cubic Zirconia Stud Earrings for $38. I have a few pairs of the Nordstrom brand fake diamonds and they are perfect. They look just as sparkly as real diamonds for a fraction of the price, which makes for a great gift for her.

1. Needlepoint Decorative Pillow

Needlepoint pillows have been a huge trend recently and I see why. They tie a room together and can be so much fun. Furbish has tons of fun handmade options as well as holiday-themed options and they are all on sale on Maisonette’s website for $86. This is the perfect gift for the mom or mother-in-law in your life because let’s be real, what woman doesn’t love decorative pillows? These pillows can be comedic, festive, or specially catered to your recipient. Overall they make for a fun and chic present that I highly recommend.

I hope this list helps you find the perfect gift for that special mom in your life because all mama’s deserve the world this holiday season.

Tori Rytell is the events director at the Purdue University chapter of Her Campus. She serves as the club treasurer as well as the events coordinator. Tori writes about a variety of topics with focuses on self-care, beauty, entertainment, and relationships. Aside from Her campus, Tori studies political science and business communications with a minor in law and society. Tori is involved in Greek life on campus. In her free time, Tori loves to take her dogs Stella and Max on long walks, watch Netflix reality TV shows or Suits, and spend quality time with her friends.