This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Fuzzy’s Tacos’ slogan,“Welcome to your new obsession,” is an understatement. With their creative menu consisting of everything from grilled shrimp tacos to huevos rancheros to fajita salads, there’s something for everyone.

Upon walking into the new establishment—located on River Road across from McDonald’s—you’re instantly hit with a splash of color. Their red and yellow décor is covered with beer signs, catchy phrases (such as “Do you Fuzzy?” and “Fuzzy’s – the new ‘F’ word”), and beachy accents. Everywhere you look there’s either a Corona or Pacifico sign, or a delicious new menu option to try. Basically, it looks like a cute and chill taco shop that should be located in Venice Beach, not the middle of Indiana. Some great additions to this laid back setting are the flat screen televisions located around the restaurant. Catch up on the other college football matches on game day, or check out some NFL on Sundays while grabbing some grub with some buddies. The employees are just as bubbly and welcoming as the atmosphere inside. Once every order is completed, the cooks happily shout out “Order number __ – Boiler Up!”

One of the best things about Fuzzy’s is that there seems to be something for everyone and every time of day! The store opens as early as 9AM for you early-risers and Breakfast Clubbers, ready to serve up their breakfast burritos and tacos. Many college students (like myself) try to pay attention to a budget and Fuzzy’s is a great place to do this. One option they have is to purchase a Fuzzy cup which is about the size of a Den Pop. When you bring this souvenir cup back for future visits, you only pay a dollar for your fountain drink. My recommendation for lunch or dinner? Get two tacos, which are only $2 each, (I prefer crawfish or tempura grilled shrimp – delicious!) and split an order of chips and queso with a friend for an amazing price of only $3! Grand total? $5.50 for a meal that will leave you more than satisfied. Another option is to go on Mondays when tacos are just a dollar! Now how can you beat that?

But the one thing above everything else that keeps me coming back to Fuzzy’s? The Boiler Rita. This epic, 21-and-over drink is an 18-ounce lime or strawberry margarita with a mini Corona bottle artistically placed upside-down in the center. It’s the best of both worlds, mixes perfectly together, and definitely my new favorite drink in town! Fuzzy’s also offers other alcohol beverages such as beer and Fuzzy Drivers, and non-alcoholic choices as well.

So whether you’re searching for a delectable deal on a breakfast burrito or an awesome new marg to try – look no further than Fuzzy’s, right down the street from campus!

Amanda Norell is a junior at Purdue University where she is working toward a communication degree, supplemented by an art and design minor. A true Midwesterner, Amanda was born in Chicago and raised in northern Indiana, just minutes from the Michigan border. In addition to being Purdue's Campus Correspondent, Amanda is also a junior board member on Liberal Arts Student Council, a member of Alpha Gamma Delta, and has both edited and written for The Exponent, Purdue's independent daily student newspaper.  She has held internships in both event planning and career development, and has her sights set on becoming an event and wedding planner after graduation. She cannot get enough of campus in the fall, crepes from Greyhouse, Urban Outfitters, and simply lovin' life.