This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Over the summer I discovered five friends of mine dyed their hair right before school started spontaneously! Although school kicked off a couple of weeks ago, it’s never too late to give your hair a change in order to greet fall! I have combined the expertise of my friends and fall fashion trends to give you a detailed list of hair colors I highly recommend.

1.  Smoked Chestnut with Balayage Blond

Brown symbolizes fall and chestnut brown would be the best fit for any hair color! Although chestnut brown is popular throughout the year, dying with it with smoky undertones, will match the mood of autumn. However, if you still miss the highlights, adding a light blond as a balayage might give you a sense of liveliness. The highlight will then help your smoky chestnut stand out when curled or styled.

•  Ombré Light Chestnut

If your original hair color is darker, it’s recommended to try Ombré Light Chestnut with Malibu blond. Similarly, light chestnut color could match the coffee brown that we always think of when we talk about the fall season. Also, it would not make you feel like that is too “heavy”. Also, if you want to change it to a different hairstyle before the new year reaches Ombré, shading from Malibu blond to Chestnut, the gradient effect creates a peaceful blend, and it will look on trend. Of course, dyeing the hair from the root gradually, (if your hair color is lighter) would be tedious and costly overtime. 

• Warm Red-Brown

Red brown is always a classic hair color. If you’ve never died your hair, this is the color for you. It’s easy to think of the fall leaves at the park and the reddish-hue will be a representation of the fall season and the changing leaves. If you want it to look more playful, I recommend gelling it wet to give it an edge. It would be stylish with hair gel applied on short curly hair.

• Platinum Blonde

If your used to dying your hair, platinum blond would be the next challenge! No matter where you are, it can give you a sense of refreshment as it stands out. If you like wearing a darker outfit, but don’t like to brush off the details, platinum blonde would stand as the lead that draws one’s attention! Dyeing eyebrows would also be recommended too.

•  Copper Orange

According to the trendy color prediction via several online fashion editorials, orange would be an absolute hit. Although orange has been the color designers capitalize on to design their own clothes in late 2022, if orange remains popular into next year, I think dyeing your hair with orange will make it voguish! Mixing it with a copper tone, like a dirty blonde, on top of casual loose jeans and hoodie, would make it so stylish! Simple but fashionable. If you like wearing minimalistic or classy vintage clothing, it will be a statement look. Also, I am sure the copper orange could last throughout your hair until next year!

I hope these five hair colors mentioned above may let you consider giving it a try out before fall reaches!

Noel is a senior majoring in Communication and Political Science at Purdue University. She has a strong curiosity about every subject matter that could explain life and tell stories. Currently, she is a social media coordinator at the HC chapter. When she is not creating content, Noel can be found photographing, cooking, reading, and traveling. Her biggest wish before graduation is to integrate art, daily life, and you into her illustrations.