taylor swift jack antonoff anti
taylor swift jack antonoff anti
Republic Records

File Name: How to Torture Swifties

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

The Eras Tour is back and just in time! I found myself starved for surprise song information and have loved waking up every morning to new videos of Taylor singing my favorite songs across the world. But, something else has emerged from the 2024 Eras Tour. Taylor revealed she can, in fact, do whatever she wants.

Starting off her 2024 tour in Tokyo everything seemed fairly similar to the 2023 leg of the tour with one exception, The Tortured Poets Department is in the air. Taylor Swift announced her eleventh studio album at the 66th Grammys and her fans(including myself) went crazy. She had many nights where she would discuss TTPD during her Evermore set. Everything seemed to be normal until she journeyed to Melbourne, Australia. 

I should have been prepared for heartbreak and many different twists and turns since she played the all time fan favorite, heart wrenching song, “You’re Losing Me”. But, I was in no way prepared for mashups especially this early into the tour. Taylor also revealed that she has decided to play any song she wants, however many times she wants, ending the previous surprise song ‘rule’. 

She also has announced two new versions with alternative covers of The Tortured Poets Department. One version includes a new bonus song called “The Bolter” and another called “The Albatross”. Both songs seem to have references to many other songs on the track-list including the person named in the song “The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived”. 

While I am very excited to wake in the morning and get my Eras Tour, I am also terrified to find out all the things Taylor has planned for us. I have a feeling this is just the beginning. 

Kendell is a writer at the Her Campus Purdue University chapter. She's been a part of Purdue's Her Campus chapter since fall of 2023. Her favorite topics to write about include entertainment, the music industry and about her favorite experiences around campus. Beyond Her Campus, Kendell is a freshman at Purdue University, majoring in Communications with a minor in History and Creative Writing. Originally from Noblesville, Indiana, she grew up visiting West Lafayette and loves the student life. In her free time, Kendell enjoys listen to music especially Taylor Swift. She is also really into reading and loves to talk about her latest reads, majority of which involve romance. She loves to bake and back home is known for her banana bread muffins, coffee cake and chocolate chip cookies.