This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Weather is colder, leaves are changing, and so are our closets. It’s finally time to pack away the summer wardrobe and welcome sweaters, pants, and boots back into our lives. Fashion week was definitely different than usual this year, but Zoom didn’t stop our favorite designers from showing off the ultimate look books for Fall 2020.

One highly noted style when it came to this year’s trends was comfortability. After all, many of us still are in lock down. However, this shouldn’t stop you from looking or feeling your best, even if you are staying in all day doing online classes. A perfect way to stay comfortable but still embrace your inner style goddess, is to pick out your favorite sweaters and color coordinate with an equally comfortable but fashionable pair of pants. Layering a specific color is an easy way to induce confidence. I don’t mean the exact same color for the whole outfit, but different tones. It’s an easy look that makes it seem like you’ve worked for hours on an outfit, but in reality you’re just trying to stay comfy.

A must for this fall is the pantsuit, a trend coming back from the ‘80s with its own twist. A pantsuit, sometimes referred to as a power suit, will provide a unique look every time you leave the house. You can’t go wrong with the basic checkered blazer and matching pants, but if you’re looking for something more unique, you are definitely in luck. If you are going out, match the suit with a lacy bra. A sexy yet sophisticated look for a night out with the girls. If you are looking for an hourglass shape, wear a matching belt to cinch your waist. Even better, combine two trends this season and wear a fanny pack. When the weather suddenly turns warm, because let’s be honest we are in the Midwest, wear matching shorts. If you want your legs to look even longer with this look, an oversized blazer will definitely do the trick. A power suit is begging to be hung in your closet, so don’t wait too long!

Of course, we have to finish with shoes, my personal favorite part to any outfit. This fall, knee-high boots are the new combat boot. There is a knee-high boot for every outfit. Whether you like suede or leather, lace-up or zip-up, skirts or pants; these boots will look super stylish. These boots would match perfectly with the power suit I mentioned above. If knee-high boots really aren’t your thing, then don’t stress. The classic platform boots won’t be going out of style any time soon. You really can’t go wrong with platforms.

There are plenty of other trends I’m sure I could go on and on about, but I wanted to be sure to recommend the top three. After being cooped up inside for so long, I was highly motivated to have this seasons trends in my wardrobe. I’m sure you are as well, so don’t forget to look for your personal style when purchasing these products. When it comes down to it, the trendiest style is what makes you happy.  

Gwen Ruetz is a freshman at Purdue University studying Communications. She aspires to work in the fashion industry or sports media field. Gwen is a first year writer on Her Campus and hopes to obtain a more active role in the future. She loves shopping and all things fashion, spending time with family and friends, traveling, and being active!