This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

It’s that time of year again. Whether you’re crafty or not, odds are, you know how special a handmade Christmas gift can be. Making something with your own two hands for friends and family members is special. It’s the memories I hold most dear. In my article, you will find quick and easy DIY Christmas gifts to try and make this year. Make your bestie a homemade sugar scrub or your boyfriend a love message jar – they will think of you whenever they use them. 

Customized Photo Calendar 

Here’s a gift everyone will enjoy. First, on either Canva or Microsoft Word, compile twelve photographs and place them on the top half of the page. On the bottom, include the month and days of the week in a customized font. Print out on craft paper and punch out three holes. With twine, connect the three-hole punches and create an outline for the calendar to hang on the wall. Be creative! 

Sugar scrub

A perfect gift for skincare junkies! Place the homemade scrub in a Mason jar with a customized written tag. 

Recipe: 

½ cup coconut oil 

¼ cup sugar 

10 drops of essential oil (lavender, eucalyptus, etc.) 

trinket dish

If you’re wanting to be more artsy, this is a perfect gift to make for your friends and family members. With air-dry clay, which is available at all craft stores, mold a little plate with your hands. When dry, paint or glaze with a marbled design and seal with Modpodge for a quick shine. Can be used as a jewelry tray as well. 

Hot Chocolate Build & Mix

Super cute gift for anyone! In a Mason jar, put inside cocoa mix with marshmallows and peppermints interspersed in layers. Place a name tag around the jar and top with a red bow. 

love message jar

A perfect gift for your partner! With different pieces of paper and colored markers, write 365 reasons why you love them. Fold them and place them in a customized jar or box. Beginning on January 1st, each day of the year they can open up a special note! 

I hope you consider making some of these DIY Christmas gifts for your friends and family members this year. They will truly treasure it all year round! 

Jordan is a junior at Purdue and majoring in History with two minors in Classical Studies and Forensic Science. Originally from Indiana, she loves drinking chai lattes, playing tennis, binge-watching Netflix, and spending time with her golden-retriever dog, Beau.