This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

I am a Gossip Girl and Gilmore Girls girly for life, but lately I have been obsessed with One Tree Hill and have been, not drinking, but chugging the Kool-Aid. If you have no idea what I am talking about, One Tree Hill is an early 2000s teen drama that kind of revolves around basketball. It has the best, and I mean BEST, couple of all time and I am convinced if you watch the show, you will also be obsessed with Naley.

The show starts with all of the main characters in high school, and it has all of the elements to make it a great show. It has rivalry, secrets, a love triangle between the main characters, a power couple, good 2000s music, and really good-looking guys in basketball jerseys. I love that the story is slow-paced; it allows for many seasons without the audience getting bored or without there being crazy plot twists like in Riverdale.

Seriously, I can’t understand why people don’t talk about this series a lot more than they should. I haven’t seen much. It is such a comforting show to watch because nothing is fast-paced and there are a bunch of wholesome moments that just make your heart melt.

Now, if you have watched the show, you can’t say that you are team Leyton when they were a terrible couple. Not actually a terrible couple — they had a lot of cute moments — but for me, Peyton and Jake were end-game. Jake made Peyton a better person, and Peyton had such a great relationship with Jenny. I just don’t understand why the producers had to cut Jake out of the show because they were end-game. On the other hand, the producers, writers, and actors did a fantastic job with Haley and Nathan’s relationship. The fact that he was an absolute dirtbag before meeting her and wanted to be better for her just melts my heart. But what made it ‘realistic’ is the fact that Nathan kept making mistakes and showing his vulnerable side. Showing the terrible relationship that he has with his parents and the way that he is raised shows the audience that just because it looks like he has everything does not mean that it’s stable.

I could go on and on analyzing each character relationship, and everything else about what I have watched so far in the show. But I just wanted someone to join the One Tree Hill craze with me this fall.

Camila Gumucio is the social media director at the Purdue Her Campus chapter! She designs the social media content fro Instagram posts as well as reels and keeps everyone updated on what is going on with the chapter! Beyond HerCampus, Camila also does social media at the Purdue Registrar's Office, where she is also tasked to keep student's updated on important registration dates. She studies a double major of Marketing and Brain and Behavioral Sciences and is set to graduate May of 2025. In her free time, Camila enjoys time with her friends having tea time, and exercising listening to musics. She also likes to balance her time alone and enjoys some peace and quite every once in a while to organize :)