Don’t Stress! Here’s How to Survive the End of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Breaks are single handedly the best and worst things about college. On one hand, you get a break from classes. Whether it is Winter Break or Spring Break, I welcome them all with open arms. However, coming back to school after getting to spend a week not doing anything is extremely hard. Two days ago, I came back to campus after spending Spring Break back home, and I had absolutely no motivation or desire to do anything. I put off homework and quizzes until the day before they were due. I struggle like this after every break we get in college, and I am sure I am not the only one.Being a freshman, I have met every challenge that occurs in college for the first time. Meaning that I had no idea what I was in store for regarding studying, procrastination, and attempting to get out of bed to go to class. If you are struggling with the same end of semester blues, here are some ways to shake them and make sure you finish strong.

1. SLEEP!

I will be the first to admit that I don’t get nearly enough sleep. There are some nights that I only get 4 hours in and that is so unhealthy! (But it definitely explains the bags under my eyes) The biggest thing I have learned is that sleep is very important to not only your physical health but also your mental health. There is no way you will be in the right mind set to knock out your final exams if you are sleep deprived and yawning every 30 seconds. Go to sleep!

2. Remember to Make Time for Yourself!

It is so easy to get caught up in all the stress and pressure of college, but it is so important to make sure you are creating time for yourself and not getting overwhelmed.  Everyone deserves a break every now and then. Go to the gym, see a movie with some friends, or find a healthy creative outlet for your stress. I always try to take breaks to step away from the studying and read a book or draw in my sketchbook.3. Keep Yourself Realistic and in Perspective!

As exciting as it is that summer is so close, don’t forget that you still have another half of the semester to get through. It’s easy to lack motivation in the last weeks leading up to finals because you feel like you are done. Make sure you study hard like you did at the beginning of the semester.

Stay motivated. Summer is coming.

Andi Baker is a Campus Correspondent and Senior at Purdue University, majoring in Actuarial Science and Applied Statistics with minors in Management and Art and Studio Design. Originally from Manila, Arkansas, Andi loves to drink sweet tea, read, and make art. You can follow her on Instagram @andibaker
All the way from Phoenix, Arizona, Janice attends Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, where she is currently a bioengineering major. Spending her time daydreaming Janice can be found jamming out to any song, watching netflix, or studying for the terrifying tests she has around the corner. You can follow her adventures @janichan on instagram.