Campus Style: Jennifer Ruiz

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Fashionista: Jennifer Ruiz

Spotted at: Zeta Tau Alpha Fraternity at Purdue University
Major: Business Management
Minor: Spanish
Year: Sophomore
Hobbies: Writing about fashion, of course!
Interests: Hanging out with friends and family and of course: FASHION, FASHION, FASHION
Campus Activities: Women in Business club, writing for The Odyssey, Zeta Tau Alpha Fraternity member

What she’s wearing: 

• Jean jacket from Urban Outfitters; dress from TJ Maxx
  • Collared blouse from T.J. Maxx; skirt from Akira

HCP:  What do you think are this fall’s most stylish trends?

Jennifer: In my opinion, this fall’s most stylish trends are the collar and denim.

HCP: What do you consider to be the MUST HAVE accessory or clothing item for this fall?
Jennifer: Fall for me means leather boots, chunky scarves, and flannels. They are definitely staple pieces that every girl should have in her closet.

HCP: What colors are going to be the most sought after this fall season?
Jennifer: Mustard, burgundy, white (yes, white!), black and blue.

HCP: What trend from last fall season do you think will still be considered “hip” this upcoming fall?
Jennifer: I feel like fall is the season of comfort. The weather is cool so people want to wear things that keep them warm. I love fall because the same items are always in style: scarves, boots, and knit sweaters.

Leta is a senior at Purdue University studying Retail Management with a Certificate in Entrepreneurship & Innovation. Leta is a member of Zeta Tau Alpha and is obsessed with her sisters. An avid shopper and fashionista, Leta spends her time working as an Assistant Manager at Twenty Ten Boutique on Purdue's campus while managing their social media campaigns. Leta started writing for Her Campus Purdue in April of 2011. It was because of her extreme enthusiasm and passion for Her Campus that she was promoted to Purdue University's Campus Correspondent in January of 2012.