Brooke Winebrenner ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Major: Elementary Education and Special Education
Hometown: Albion, IN
Year: Junior
Interests: Being with family and friends, being at the lake, and shopping

Her Campus: What song always gets stuck in your head?
Brooke Winebrenner: Right now, it’s “Our Love is Like a Holiday” by Michael Bolton. Or anything Michael Buble.

HC: If your life were a movie, who you play you?
BW: Ginnifer Goodwin

HC: Favorite Christmas song/movie?
BW: Christmas song would probably be “Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town” by Bruce Springsteen, and movie is Christmas Vacation.

HC: Worst pick up line you’ve ever heard?
BW: “I’m sorry I didn’t hear your name, I was too distracted by your dimples.” Right after I said “My name is Brooke,” and he responded with “I like your dimples, Brooke.”

HC: What 3 words would your friends use to describe you?
BW: Smiley, loving, graceful

HC: Who is your celebrity idol?
BW: Audrey Hepburn

HC: Celebrity crush?
BW: Probably Ryan Gosling. And definitely Luke Bryan.

HC: What are you future ambitions?
BW: To have a healthy happy marriage and family. To love my job and my students and be involved in my future community.

HC: What’s your weirdest quirk?
BW: Putting peanut butter on my garlic bread. It’s good, trust me.

HC: What’s your favorite part about Christmas?
BW: Probably the decorations slash the hot guys in the Christmas movies.

HC: What do you do to survive finals?
BW: Take it one exam at a time, give myself a break, and make sure that I do well in the semester so I don’t have to worry about finals. 

Amanda Norell is a junior at Purdue University where she is working toward a communication degree, supplemented by an art and design minor. A true Midwesterner, Amanda was born in Chicago and raised in northern Indiana, just minutes from the Michigan border. In addition to being Purdue's Campus Correspondent, Amanda is also a junior board member on Liberal Arts Student Council, a member of Alpha Gamma Delta, and has both edited and written for The Exponent, Purdue's independent daily student newspaper.  She has held internships in both event planning and career development, and has her sights set on becoming an event and wedding planner after graduation. She cannot get enough of campus in the fall, crepes from Greyhouse, Urban Outfitters, and simply lovin' life.