Addictive Shows To Watch Next

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Here are a few shows to binge when you need an element of drama and romance in your life between study sessions!

• The Vampire Diaries

This is my all-time favorite show! This show is full of drama, love, and vampires; everything you need for a great show. To add on, it has your classic love triangle which is always amazing. But best of all, this show is full of extremely attractive men. From Damon Salvatore, the correct choice, to Stephen, Jeremy, Klaus, Elijah, Kol, there is no shortage of eye candy in this show. And for the final perfect touch, you have the wonderful vampire trope. The small adorable town of Mystic Falls has vampires, doppelgangers, witches, werewolves, and so much more!

• One Tree Hill

If you want a teen drama without a supernatural element, this is the show for you. Like TVD, One Tree Hill also has teenage heartthrobs, a love triangle, and drama. However, in place of vampires and supernatural characters, you have a plethora of basketball boys. This show is perfect when you need a night in to watch an addictive teenage drama show! You will not be able to get enough of the the Scott brothers!

• Gilmore Girls

Next up, we have Gilmore Girls. This show is perfect and full of nostalgia. This show is about a girl and her mom growing up together and figuring out the world. It is a perfect mother-daughter show and a wonderful coming of age story. There is love, loss, and coffee. What more could you want?

• Ginny and Georgia

This show is just as addictive as the next. There is an endless amount of drama but this show also deals with some heavy topics. The characters can be infuriating but it is almost impossible to not get caught up in the addictive storylines and absurd dramatic scenarios. This show is worth a watch if you are looking for a new show with plenty of heartthrobs and funny scenes. We love Marcus and Joe!

• Outer Banks

Last but not least, we have Outer Banks. This is the perfect show to get you in the mood for the spring/summer seasons. While it is very dramatic and unrealistic, it is a wonderful show about a handful of teens trying to get by in life and facing difficulties. The characters are extremely relatable and there is also an element of romance. Who could resist?

Carissa Ray is the senior editor at the Her Campus Purdue Chapter. She edits all articles under all topics for the chapter and helps with events throughout the semester. She also writes articles for the chapter and typically writes entertainment pieces. She has been a member of the chapter since January of 2023! Carissa is currently a junior studying at Purdue University. She is majoring in Psychological Sciences with minors in Spanish and Forensic Sciences. Aside from Her Campus, Carissa is also on the board of the Purdue Chapter of Omicron Delta Kappa, a leadership honors society. She is the Service and Events Chair as well as the stand-in Alumni and Awards chair. For the honors society, she is in charge of creating the monthly Alumni newsletters and editing them. She is also a mentor for the College of Health and Human Sciences. In the future, she hopes to become a Forensic Psychologist and potentially work for the FBI. When she is not busy with school, Carissa is a huge book nerd and loves to read anything with mystery, romance, or fantasy. She also loves dancing and is part of the Purdue Higher Ground Dance Company. She enjoys jazz, hip hop, and theater dance styles. Finally, if she has any extra time, she is a TV buff and enjoys binging TV shows like Modern Family, The Vampire Diaries, or Supernatural.