Style > Beauty

The Best Products to Keep Your Skin Refreshed this Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

There is nothing worse than having to take care of your skin during the summer. With the unbearable heat, my skin always gets super dry and unmanageable. Between the sweat that comes with the rising temperature and various summer activities you may participate in; your skin is left with the consequences. Over the years, I have found a few trusty makeup and skin products that I can always count on to rehydrate my skin and protect it from the sun.

Makeup

Most summer days, I choose to go makeup free and just let my skin breathe. However, there are days where I like to wear makeup. Since it is so hot and humid in the summer, I have tried a lot of different products to see what I like on my skin type and what lasts.

I have been wearing the It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream for years! Since it is a CC cream, it has a lot of skincare benefits already in the formula. I love that it has 50 SPF which is perfect for protecting your skin from the harsh sun. Although this is marketed as full coverage, I have found that you can achieve a light coverage look by using about one pump of the product. I love to wear this as my foundation in the summer because it feels great on the skin!

To set my makeup, I love using MAC Fix Plus. It’s so refreshing to spritz this face with this, whether you want to set your makeup or just spray it to refresh your skin. Another option that I love that is a little more affordable is any of the Mario Badescu facial sprays. They achieve the same effect that MAC Fix Plus does.

Skincare

Having a great skincare routine is so important especially during the summer! Although it is sometimes hard to keep up with a good routine, I always try my hardest to make sure I am putting on sunscreen and products that will protect my skin.

It is so important to find a good facial sunscreen that doesn’t break you out and does its job. I love this one from Coola. It is very refreshing and has a great cucumber scent, so it doesn’t smell like the typical sunscreen. I have sensitive skin and this one never makes me break out. It has SPF 30 so it will protect your face from the sun. It is on the pricier side, but a little goes a long way!

I love using the GLAMGLOW GLOWSTARTER Mega Illuminating Moisturizer during the summer. This moisturizer obviously hydrates the skin, but it also has an illuminating tint that looks pretty on the skin. I have the Nude Glow shade, but they have two other shades to choose depending on what complements your skin. I love wearing this underneath my makeup and on its own!

I love all of these products and they do such a good job keeping my skin hydrated in the summer heat. I hope you love them as much as I do!

Andi Baker is a Campus Correspondent and Senior at Purdue University, majoring in Actuarial Science and Applied Statistics with minors in Management and Art and Studio Design. Originally from Manila, Arkansas, Andi loves to drink sweet tea, read, and make art. You can follow her on Instagram @andibaker
All the way from Phoenix, Arizona, Janice attends Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, where she is currently a bioengineering major. Spending her time daydreaming Janice can be found jamming out to any song, watching netflix, or studying for the terrifying tests she has around the corner. You can follow her adventures @janichan on instagram.