Best Places to Study for Finals at Purdue

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

We have finally made it to the end of the school year, which means we must now tackle finals. As scary as finals can be, I think it’s always good to have a game plan. It’s important to manage your time and most importantly, know the best places to study. I’ve found that having a nice, quiet place to study makes my finals preparation way more productive. Here are a few spots on campus that I love to study at!

1. The Reading Room in WALC

The Reading Room is a popular spot on campus. There is a no-talking policy here, so it is always quiet and provides a great environment to get work done. This room has a really nice view of the bell tower, and WALC is open 24 hours so you can spend your late-night study sessions here. Au Bon Pain is also right downstairs in case you need a coffee or a quick snack.

2. The Math Library in the Math BuildingSince I am basically a math major, I use this library a lot. I love going here to study because it’s a lot smaller than a lot of the other libraries on campus, and there aren’t usually too many people in here. I feel like not many people use this space to study, so it would be a great place to prepare for finals.

3. Engineering Mall

If you want a change of scenery, think about studying at one of the fountains on campus. Since we are getting into warmer temperatures here in Indiana, it’s the perfect time to move your books outside and get work done in the fresh air. I like the Engineering Fountain a lot because there are places to sit in case you don’t want to sit in the grass, and it’s very pretty.

4. The Union

The PMU has lots of great places to sit down and study. There are lounge spaces on basically every floor, so there are lots of options for you to choose where you want to study. There is also a balcony on the first floor that you can study at if you want to be outside. Another perk of the union is all the food options. You can always go to Starbucks if you need coffee or go to one of the restaurants for food if you get hungry.

I hope this helps you find the best study spot for this finals season. Good luck on your exams!

Andi Baker is a Campus Correspondent and Senior at Purdue University, majoring in Actuarial Science and Applied Statistics with minors in Management and Art and Studio Design. Originally from Manila, Arkansas, Andi loves to drink sweet tea, read, and make art. You can follow her on Instagram @andibaker
All the way from Phoenix, Arizona, Janice attends Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, where she is currently a bioengineering major. Spending her time daydreaming Janice can be found jamming out to any song, watching netflix, or studying for the terrifying tests she has around the corner. You can follow her adventures @janichan on instagram.