This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Thanksgiving is just around the corner and it is a time filled with lots of family reunions, cinnamon candles and some much-needed down time after exam season. Since snow has started to fall and we are approaching the start of winter, I wanted to take one last moment to celebrate fall makeup looks and give you some inspiration to look snatched for Thanksgiving dinner!

Fall looks include a variation of orange, red, plums and brown colors. There are hundreds of different ways you can work those colors into your makeup looks and today I’m going to focus on the eyes! I just went through Instagram and found some amazing work to showcase some of the different ways that you can dress your face for fall.

First off… the most “wearable” look!This warm toned look is so pretty and perfect for the makeup lovers out there who like to keep it traditional. With a sweet copper tone on the lid and smoked out outer corner with a dark brown and some burnt orange in the crease, this look is perfect! Pop a golden highlight in your inner corner and you’re good to go. Details for this look can be found by going to @beautybypatty ‘s Instagram page!

Next up is this gorgeous glitter eye look!

If you’re glitter obsessed like me then this look is perfect for you! Adding an orange base and coating it with a gold glitter is a super fun way to spice up your Thanksgiving look! Smoking out your bottom lash line with a dark brown is also a good way to make it more glam. Makeup details for this look are on @arza_caylana’s post!

Next, I am living for this beautiful double cut crease.

If you’re looking for a way to showcase your makeup artistry this Thanksgiving, this look is definitely for you. Burnt orange in the crease, cut with a yellow shade and topped off with a shimmery copper, I cannot get enough. This look would pair well with a red or nude lip! Super fun while keeping it neat, details for this are on @nessasunshine insta!

Lastly, this sharp cut crease!

Done by the crazy talented Jessica, she showcased a sharp cut crease in this look. A dark brown blended out by soft brown shades, cut with a gradual fall color scheme of white to yellow to red. This look is perfect for those of you who are feeling bold for Thanksgiving this year. She even has a tutorial up on her page to show you exactly how to achieve her look which is super helpful! Check out her makeup page @jessicarose_makeup.

Also, if you want to see some fall looks that I have created, head over to my makeup page @makeupbyjbaker and let me know what you think!

Jordan Baker

Purdue '21

Hi! My names Jordan and I love writing about all things beauty! As a licensed cosmetologist in the state of Indiana I excited to share what I know about hair, makeup and skincare with you all. A fun fact about me is that I have a dachshund puppy named Daisy and I am obsessed with her!
All the way from Phoenix, Arizona, Janice attends Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, where she is currently a bioengineering major. Spending her time daydreaming Janice can be found jamming out to any song, watching netflix, or studying for the terrifying tests she has around the corner. You can follow her adventures @janichan on instagram.