Best Autumn Starbucks Drinks for PSL Haters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you think the Pumpkin Spice Latte is overhyped. I’ve never understood the obsession with PSL every single autumn. I knew I wouldn’t like it, but I tried it for the first-time last year and I hated it. Shocker. But I obviously didn’t tell anyone I hated PSL, because I would be called a heathen for not liking the most popular fall drink out there. But for all my fellow PSL haters, worry not, because I’ve constructed a list of some of my favorite autumn Starbucks drinks that have nothing to do with the pumpkin craze.

Salted Caramel Mocha

This drink has absolutely no pumpkin in it, but still tastes like fall with every sip. The Salted Caramel Mocha is sure to warm you up on those chilly autumn days with its combination of coffee, steamed milk, mocha sauce, and toffee nut syrup. It’s topped with sweet whipped cream, some delicious caramel drizzle, turbinado sugar, and sea salt. Definitely a good classic for your sweater weather days.

Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino

If you’re not up for the warm goodness of the Salted Caramel Mocha, try a Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino instead! Same ingredients and everything, just a cold version.

Caramel Apple Spice

A simple, but delicious drink. The Caramel Apple Spice has steamed apple juice with cinnamon syrup, topped with whipped cream and a caramel sauce drizzle. Grab one on a cold day for some warm, fuzzy feelings on your way to class.

White Chocolate Mocha

This is by far one of my favorite drinks on the Starbucks menu. Available year round, you can get it hot or iced, making it perfect for whatever weather you’re in. Starbucks’ signature espresso is mixed with white chocolate sauce and steamed milk, topped off with some whipped cream. Add a few pumps of your favorite flavored syrup and you’re all set!

Oatmilk Honey Latte with Starbucks Blonde Espresso

If you like a sweet and salty combo, be sure to also try the Oatmilk Honey Latte with Starbucks Blonde Espresso. It’s a mouthful to say, I know. But it’s worth it! The Oatmilk and Starbucks® Blonde Espresso Roast are combined with a little bit of honey to make a delicious sweet and salty blend. Topped off with some toasted honey, it’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth while still giving you a hint of salty goodness.

I hope these drinks spice up your autumn this year and provide some good alternatives to the Pumpkin Spice Latte! Be sure to try these out the next time you go to a Starbucks, and I promise it’ll be worth your time! And for all the PSL lovers, I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Hi! I'm Michelle, a senior at Purdue University studying Brain and Behavioral Sciences with a minor in Management. I'm from Orange County in sunny SoCal. Some of my hobbies include golfing, journaling, and singing!