And Just Like That… Sex and The City is Back

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

The iconic women of New York will be returning to us by the end of 2021 or early 2022. It has been announced Sex and the City will be back with a little spin. The new reboot, And Just Like That…, will follow Carrie Bradshaw, Charlotte York, and Miranda Hobbes around New York City today.

Unfortunately, Samantha Jones, played by Kim Cattrall will not return for the new series. The series definitely will not be the same with our beloved Samantha out of the picture. The sexual icon of the show will surely be missed. However, I am still excited to see what the lives of Carrie, Charlotte, and Miranda will look like after all this time.

Sarah Jessica Parker (SJP) has spilled some details about the upcoming show. She talked to Vanity Fair where she mentioned that COVID-19 will definitely be a part of the story line. SJP discussed how this has affected so many relationships for people today and wants to incorporate that into the show.

I am personally excited to see what Charlotte and Miranda’s lives are like as mothers of teenagers. I am sure there have been plenty of exciting and unexpected mishaps within all of their lives. I do know one thing for sure: these women always thrive. In a constantly changing society, the four have always embodied women empowerment and believed in creating your own success. I have no doubt Carrie, Miranda, and Charlotte will carry the same values into the upcoming season.

Many fans are on complete opposite spectrums of excitement for the show. Some are nervous it won’t live up to the original series, while others can hardly wait to see what’s next. No matter how you feel about the reboot, I think we can all agree there are a lot of unanswered questions. Will the women be as close as they used to be? What life changes have been made along the way? Where is Samantha? These questions can only be answered once the show premieres.

We couldn’t help but wonder, where are they now? And Just Like That… will stream on HBOMax, so be sure to keep your eyes open for more sneak peeks for the upcoming series.

Gwen Ruetz is a freshman at Purdue University studying Communications. She aspires to work in the fashion industry or sports media field. Gwen is a first year writer on Her Campus and hopes to obtain a more active role in the future. She loves shopping and all things fashion, spending time with family and friends, traveling, and being active!