8 of the Best, Affordable Stocking Stuffers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Christmas is coming up in a few weeks, and that means it’s time to scourge Almighty Google for some affordable gift ideas. To save you some time, I’ve put together a list of some stocking stuffer deals that caught my eye!

Echo Dot ($25)

An Amazon Echo Dot is a must have, and it’s amazing for the dorms. As of right now, they are selling for only $25 on Amazon.com which makes them a great gift for friends or family. Reasonably priced, you get your own personal assistant built into a top-notch speaker to blast all your favorite Christmas songs!

Organic Pet Grass Kit ($16)

Sold on Amazon, this kit comes with an adorable animal mug and some grass seeds that you can grow! For 16 bucks, you can have a little friend on your desk. What a great deal. As the weather gets colder and gloomier, it’s good to have some plants in your room to help brighten the mood too!

Sweet Tooth Candy Cupcake Soap Bar (~$10)

You can find these weirdly realistic dessert soap bars all over Etsy (a great way to support small businesses too!), making them the perfect stocking stuffer for your sweet-toothed friends. Just be sure not to eat it by accident!

Aloe Infused Socks (~$10)

I love fuzzy socks, especially during the winter. They’re great to go to sleep in (don’t judge) and just perfect for a relaxing night in. The aloe makes sure that your feet come out soft and smooth. What more could you ask for from a pair of socks?

Portable Reusable Drinking Straws ($5)

This Vantic Portable Reusable Drinking Straw on Amazon folds into a tiny keychain so you can carry it around with you everywhere. Made from stainless steel, you would never have to worry about what kind of drink you’re putting your straw into, and it’s super easy to clean!

OLIKA Hydrating Hand Sanitizer Clip-Ons ($30)

On the OLIKA website you can find these super cute, portable hand sanitizer clip-ons that are perfect for your backpack or purse. At first glance, $30 sounds pricey but hear me out. It comes in a pack of 6, so you’re getting each clip-on for $5. Buy a pack and you’ll have stocking stuffers for everyone!

Ivy Vine String Lights ($16)

If anyone you know is looking to up their room decoration game, get them these Ivy Vine String Lights from Urban Outfitters! They’re 10 feet long, so it’s the perfect size for adding a little extra pizazz to your wall.

Kikkerland Cactus Dryer Balls ($10)

We love cute things with a purpose. These dryer balls from Walmart are shaped like tiny cacti, and seeing their faces will make laundry a little less boring! It’s the perfect practical gift for any college student!

This year’s holidays are a little different than usual, but that doesn’t mean we all don’t deserve some great gifts. Even though money is a little tight for everyone, there are plenty of affordable gifts out there. And hand-made gifts are always an option! Even better! I hope this list helps give you ideas for what to gift your loved ones, happy holidays!

Hi! I'm Michelle, a senior at Purdue University studying Brain and Behavioral Sciences with a minor in Management. I'm from Orange County in sunny SoCal. Some of my hobbies include golfing, journaling, and singing!