5 Netflix and Hulu Shows to Binge When You’re Avoiding Crushing Responsibilities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

College is a time of football games, late night food dates, and procrastinating until the last minute. A philosopher (aka me) once said: “If you’re going to waste time you might as well make it worthwhile”. There’s a show for everyone here, so while you’re evading your latest assignment tune into these totally binge-able shows.

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (Netflix)

This newly arrived Netflix show is a drop everything and watch and total must for Riverdale lovers. It’s totally spooky twist on a one beloved show and delivers in every way. Just in time for Halloween, take a peek at this spine-chilling show.

Law & Order: SVU (Hulu and Netflix)

Law & Order has been binge-worthy since most of us have been kids. The shows are mostly unconnected, so you don’t feel obligated. This show also has great messages along with exciting twists and turns. Trust me, watching Oliva Benson kick butt is ten times better than any math homework.

This Is Us (Hulu)

If you want to sob until you become dehydrated this is the show for you. The characters in This Is Us become your family the more you watch, and the emotional connection is what keeps the binging going. Not to mention that everyone should want a Jack for their husband. This is a show you just can’t miss.

90 Day Fiancé (Hulu)

Looking for a trashy reality show that you and your friends can roast and watch? Well, look no further than 90 Day Fiancé. The character’s intentions can be messy and their actions even messier on their quest to marry before their K-1 visa expires. Grab some popcorn and best friends and enjoy as the drama ensues.

Big Mouth (Netflix)

A preface: Big Mouth is not for the faint of heart. It’s crude and there is nudity and other unmentionable actions that you can’t even imagine cartoons doing. But, if you love relatable throwbacks to the hormones of middle school, I’d definitely give this one a watch.

Alena Finnell is a freshman at Purdue University studying Marketing. Cats, horror movies, and Chinese food are just a few of her favorite things.
All the way from Phoenix, Arizona, Janice attends Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, where she is currently a bioengineering major. Spending her time daydreaming Janice can be found jamming out to any song, watching netflix, or studying for the terrifying tests she has around the corner. You can follow her adventures @janichan on instagram.