5 Movies to Watch When You’re Single on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Whether you’re sitting home alone on Valentine’s Day or have the perfect Galantine’s Day planned, these movies are great to watch no matter your Valentine’s Day situation.

1. How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days

I watched this movie for the first time this year and completely fell in love with it! It has the perfect amount of girl power, romance and comedy (in my opinion a winning combination). I love that the girl is trying to play the guy just as much as he is trying to play her. How To Lose a Guy In 10 Days has an ending that every single girl wishes would happen to her, and is a perfect movie to watch with all your friends or just by yourself.

2. 10 Things I Hate About You

This might be one of my favorite movies of all time! I love the storyline and all the actors in it are amazing. Not only is there the geeky cute guy that every girl needs in her life, but there’s also the bad boy that every girl deep downs wants to be her boyfriend. This movie shows that it’s ok for a girl to be her badass self, and that she can still get the guy without changing who she is.  

3. Magic Mike/Magic Mike XXL

Back home, my friends and I are obsessed with these two movies. If anyone has yet to see them, then cancel all your Valentine’s Day plans and sit down and watch both Magic Mike movies back-to-back. You will not regret it! Though the plot lines may not be 10/10 there is no denying that these movies are of quality thanks to the amazing actors and the amazing abs. Magic Mike and Magic Mike XXL are perfect for a single girl’s movie night.

4. Naomi and Ely’s No Kiss List

Who doesn’t love watching a movie with a juicy love triangle in it? This movie has the perfect thematical balance of love, friendship, and finding yourself all wrapped up in less than 2 hours. While watching this movie, you can also relive a part of your childhood because the main actress in the movie is Victoria Justice.

5.  Ella Enchanted

Ella Enchanted is a great girl power movie for when you’re feeling very single (trust me, I feel it often).  It also has Hugh Dancy in it which makes looking at the screen a little more fun. I love that Ella is content with being single and does not care about the fact that Char is a prince. She only starts falling for him once she gets to know him as a person.

I find that curling up with popcorn watching a throwback movie with my best friends is the perfect way to spend Valentine’s Day. No matter what your plans are for this upcoming Tuesday, I hope you have a great day. For all you single ladies out there, next year will be our year don’t worry!

Karly McNeish is a freshman at Purdue University studying Public Health. She loves traveling, Gilmore Girls and trying new foods. She is originally from New England and Boston will always have her heart. Karly is a new member of the Twin Pines Cooperative House and she could not be more excited to start her new adventure with all the other Twin Pines Girls. Follow Karly on instagram @karlymcn.
Jennifer Rowella is from Ridgefield, Connecticut. She is a junior at Purdue University studying Speech, Language, and Hearing sciences and is the Senior Editor of Her Campus Purdue. Jennifer enjoys reading, cooking, watching too many episodes of Criminal Minds on Netflix, and being a part of various clubs on campus.