sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Thinking of date night ideas can be difficult if you don’t have a car, especially because West Lafayette is a smaller town.

After thinking it over, here is what my ideal date night would look like, most of the things can be done for separate date nights or for one date night.

1. Get food at your favorite restaurant

There are so many restaurants around campus that would be great for a date night like Triple XXX and Town and Gown Bistro. One of my favorite places to go for date night would have to be Bruno’s. I know this breaks one of the cardinal rules of not getting something messy like a saucy pasta or other messy foods, but it’s a great family restaurant that is a great place for a casual date night. I love getting the lasagna and the pizza at Bruno’s and what better way to get to know each other than eating.

2. Silver Dipper

Silver Dipper is my all time favorite place to get ice cream near campus. The staff is always friendly and it’s cheaper than Cold Stone. Their milkshakes are also pretty good and you can always share a mini monster which is a scoop of every flavor they have.

3. Movies

This is such a cliche thing to do for date night, but it can actually be really fun. The Goodrich Wabash Landing 9 movie theater is great for dates on a budget because they offer student discounts.

4.  Bowling

Bowling at the Union is so much fun. They also have arcade games that are fun to play with other people and it can be a great way to break the ice. Sometimes there are themed nights such as 80’s night where they place 80’s music and one time they were even playing the musical Grease.

5. Walk

Campus is gorgeous, especially at night when the Bell Tower and all the walkways are lit up. Walking around campus is the perfect way to get to know your date. You can visit all the fountains, especially the Engineering Fountain because it lights up in different colors and is so pretty at night.

Although there aren’t that many things to do on campus, I hope these ideas help when planning a date night.

All the way from Phoenix, Arizona, Janice attends Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, where she is currently a bioengineering major. Spending her time daydreaming Janice can be found jamming out to any song, watching netflix, or studying for the terrifying tests she has around the corner. You can follow her adventures @janichan on instagram.