burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

5 Fashion Pieces that I Have Been Obsessed with this Winter Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

With the influence of social media, specifically Pinterest and TikTok, my style tends to change every few months. Most of the time when I shop for new clothes, I think of things that I have seen online and items that I have been too scared wear in the past. As I get older, I am slowly becoming more comfortable with my personal style and body, which results in me experimenting with what I wear. With the cold-weather season in full swing, I have added a few new pieces to my wardrobe. Here are some of the items that I have been absolutely obsessed with this winter season!

Loose-fitting jeans

When I was in high school, you would not catch me wearing anything but a pair of super-skinny jeans. The thought of wearing those now makes me claustrophobic. Now, I prefer wearing a pair of straight-leg jeans or something a little baggier. I think this has to do a lot with how people are dressing now too, which is evident on TikTok. Loose-fitting pants are really in right now. And, with it being cold outside, you can even play with texture and find pants that aren’t just denim. I love wearing corduroy in the colder months.

SHACKETS!

I absolutely adore shackets! The cross between a jacket and a shirt makes the item thick enough to keep you warm, but also thin enough that you can still wear it under your coat. I love wearing a simple turtleneck or graphic tee and throwing the shacket overtop. They are really cute, and super popular right now.

Gold Jewelry

Gold jewelry is so timeless, but I just recently started becoming more of a fan. I used to be an exclusive silver wearer. However, now I love to wear a pair of fun, gold earrings or a chunky, gold chain. You can use jewelry to dress up even the most basic of outfits. Sometimes, I throw on a pair of gold studs and a gold chain with a sweatshirt. It immediately makes me look more put together.

Sweater-Vests

Now this one has EVERYTHING to do with TikTok. When sweater-vests started to become popular, I was immediately against the trend. I thought that I would never wear one and look at me now. I think they are so fun and it’s a really unique alternative to wearing a baggy sweater. I also love the 90’s influence of the piece, which is a decade that is definitely being represented in the current trends.

Claw clips

Here is another piece that we can blame TikTok for. Another trend re-born from the 90’s, claw clips are such a cute way to throw your hair up and forget about it. Even when I am studying, I put my hair back with one. They are very versatile, but with all the cute designs and colors, they can be customized to go along with your outfit. I like to pull out a few strands of hair to make it a little messier, and I am good to go.

Let me know what y’all have been loving this season and what ways you like to stay trendy during the cold-weather months!

Andi Baker is a Campus Correspondent and Senior at Purdue University, majoring in Actuarial Science and Applied Statistics with minors in Management and Art and Studio Design. Originally from Manila, Arkansas, Andi loves to drink sweet tea, read, and make art. You can follow her on Instagram @andibaker