toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

5 Easy and Cute Last Minute Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

It’s spooky season witches. If you’re anything like me, you probably have been thinking about cute costume ideas since October 1st. But then suddenly it’s Halloween night and you never bothered to actually order anything and now you need a costume like ASAP. If this sounds like you too, then I have 5 easy last-minute Halloween costumes for you. With minimal effort and minimal expense, they are perfect for whatever Halloween event you will be attending.

#1 When life gives you lemons

what you need:

• White t shirt
  • Sharpie
  • Lemons

For this costume all you need is to write “life” on to the white t shirt and then hold lemons in your hand. That simple, and here you have a very original and creative costume.

#2 Skeleton

what you need:

• Black and white clothing
  • Liquid Eyeliner
  • Black eyeshadow
  • bronzer

The great thing about this costume is that you can wear virtually anything. The whole look revolves around how you do your makeup making it so easy. Literally black jeans and a white top plus using your everyday makeup creates this costume. Simply outline the skeleton nose shape onto your nose with liquid eyeliner and then fill in using the liquid eyeliner and black eyeshadow to make the nose matte. Then use the liquid eyeliner again to draw the mouth. I start by drawing a horizontal line away from the ends of my lips. Then I fill in the lines going down making sure to space them out a bit. Adding a deep contour with a light dust of black eyeshadow over top gives the costume an added kick.

#3 A man’s biggest fear

what you need:

• White t shirt
  • Sharpie

This is a classic costume that will be sure to make people laugh. Simply write “commitment” on the front of a white t-shirt. When people ask you what you are, the answer is simple: A man’s biggest fear- commitment. ‘Nuff said.

#4 Scarecrow

what you need:

• flannel
  • jeans
  • blush
  • liquid eyeliner

The outfit for this costume can be achieved by wearing a simple flannel and jeans which is a staple in pretty much everyone’s closet. Braided pig nails is a good hair style to also add to the costume. The makeup can be done by drawing lines outward from both ends of the mouth and then adding short vertical lines. To draw the nose, trace a triangle with the liquid eyeliner onto your noise. Then draw short little lines around the triangle. Use about twice the normal amount of blush to give the effect of the extra red cheeks of scarecrows.

#5 Cat what you need:

• cat ears
  • black clothing
  • liquid eyeliner (to draw whiskers)

I know it’s the most stereotypical Halloween costume ever but hey, it is pretty easy to pull off. Get a pair of cat ears, wear something black, and draw on some whiskers and there you have it. Simple, easy, and cute too.

Megan is a junior at Purdue University pursuing a double major in Political Science and English. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling and online shopping. She is proudly from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and will never let you forget it . Follow her on Instagram @megan_sommerfeld
All the way from Phoenix, Arizona, Janice attends Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, where she is currently a bioengineering major. Spending her time daydreaming Janice can be found jamming out to any song, watching netflix, or studying for the terrifying tests she has around the corner. You can follow her adventures @janichan on instagram.