This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Bored with the food choices around Chauncey? Was this your third day in a row eating Chiptole? There’s a ton of tongue tingling, mouth watering, and Instagrammable food choices just across the river. Here’s a list of some the most delicious eats in Lafayette!

Great Harvest Bread Co. 

If you love all things sandwiches, and a warm, cozy atmosphere, this place is for you. I think I love this restaurant so much because everything is baked from scratch, and they support family owned farms. It also tastes amazing! My favorite sandwich is the grilled cheese panini. For those with a sweet tooth, their cinnamon rolls are to die for!

Route 66 Diner

Since I assume you have already joined the Boilermaker bandwagon and fallen in love with Triple XXX, then I know you will love this sister restaurant of theirs. Personally, I like this restaurant better than Triple XXX because you are not forced to sit in the old fashioned, cute but kind of cramped, bar seating. My go-to? Their biscuits and gravy with a side of french fries!

Arni’s Restaurant

Although cheesy bread from Mad Mushroom is a college student’s holy grail, I think this pizza place beats it every time. A family owned restaurant since 1965, it brings the feeling of home to Lafayette. Their pizza is honestly to die for, and the prices are not too bad either.

Sunset Mexican Restaurant and Grille

If you are like me, and always need some delicious Mexican food in your life, then this place will become a part of your weekly routine. I never thought chips and queso could be so heavenly, until I tasted this place. Plus, their arroz con pollo is unlike anything I have ever had. It is also worth mentioning that the staff are the nicest people around.

La Scala

This is more on the expensive end, but if you’re a sucker for Italian food then this place is a must. It’s quaint, upscale atmosphere on top of its flawless service, makes their food worth the price. Not to mention, they support local farms! If you go here, my suggestion is either the classic alfredo, or any kind of their mac ’n cheese.

Danielle Wilkinson is an Atlanta native and currently a senior at Purdue University studying Mass Communication. She is the co-correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Purdue. She has written for several online and print publications in the past including The Purdue Exponent, The Tab, Society 19, Study Breaks Magazine and Voy Study Abroad. She loves traveling, shopping and everything entertainment, especially movies and TV, but 90s rom coms will always be her favorite. She hopes to move to California one day to pursue a career in marketing. In her free time, she loves YouTube, watching movies with her friends, working on her novel, drinking tea and reading books.