5 Cute Date Ideas for Springtime and Sunshine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Now that spring is right around the corner, the sun seems brighter, the air feels warmer, and the desire to be romantic is incredibly high. Last spring, very few dates happened since times were so unprecedented. Although this year things aren’t quite back to normal, at least we know it’s safe to be outside and socially distanced from others. One thing we have definitely all come to learn throughout the pandemic, is it is easy to get stuck in a rut with your significant other. I am going to give some ideas for cute dates with your partner to keep you both safe, and feel like you’re a part of your very own rom-com.

Picnic and Paint in the Park

A change of scenery is so important to keep a relationship feeling spontaneous and fun. Pack up both of your favorites for lunch or dinner and spend time together, just the two of you. For a fun twist, bring some paint and a canvas, then both paint a picture. Don’t let each other see your work until both are done, then show off your creativity. This date is a fun way to connect with one another and be intimate.

Sunset Walks

This is probably one of the easiest dates to partake in with your partner. Sunsets are so peaceful and beautiful; it’s almost impossible for romance not to consume the both of you. The fairy-tale feeling creates an atmosphere for, both, deep conversations and a comfortable silence, where you both truly connect.

Bike Ride Together

Bike rides with my boyfriend have to be my favorite spring and summertime activity to do together. We both really love being active and this allows us to spend quality time together while exercising. If you are anything like me, then the scene in the movie Wedding Crashers with Rachel McAdams and Owen Wilson is on replay in your head right now…but that is exactly how it feels when you are with the person you love.

Watch a Movie Outside

Since the weather is beautiful, even in the evening, a fun date night is watching a movie outside. Either on your laptop or even better with a projector. Cuddle up with blankets, surround yourself with candles, and grab some of your favorite snacks to get cozy with your love. This is a great way for a change in scenery, to avoid sitting on the couch every night.

Have Appetizers on a Patio

Indoor dining still is not the safest option during the pandemic. Therefore, this is the perfect time to take advantage of the beautiful weather. Sit outside on a socially distanced patio with your other half and enjoy the fresh air. Get some appetizers and relax.

Although nothing seems as fun lately because of the pandemic, it is not too hard to come up with some creative ideas to spend time with your love. Take advantage of the perfect weather, but most of all continue connecting with your significant other. You both will feel happiest when things feel normal, fun, and romantic with the two of you. Happy Spring!

Gwen Ruetz is a freshman at Purdue University studying Communications. She aspires to work in the fashion industry or sports media field. Gwen is a first year writer on Her Campus and hopes to obtain a more active role in the future. She loves shopping and all things fashion, spending time with family and friends, traveling, and being active!