barbie movie behind the scenes 0003?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
barbie movie behind the scenes 0003?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Fashion

5 Barbie Looks Just in Time for Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

If my predictions are correct, Barbie themed Halloween costumes are going to be a huge trend this Halloween season. Barbie is the #1 Box Office movie of 2023, so expect a very Barbie-centric Halloween this year. There are endless possibilities for Barbie themed costumes, but here are my five favorite looks from the movie that would make the cutest costumes.

1. Vintage Barbie

Vintage Barbie is hands down the most classic Barbie. If you have seen the new Barbie movie, you would recognize this look from the opening scene where Margot Robbie spawns into little girls playing with their babydolls. This look is 100% my personal favorite and is so easy. All you really need is a black and white striped one piece swimsuit, white sunglasses, big hoops, and black heels. Pairing all of that with a red lip and a curly updo makes for the perfect costume.

2. Pink Cowgirl Barbie

The pink cowgirl Barbie costume is going to be a huge hit this year because it’s so cute and flattering. This costume requires a bit more preparation than the vintage Barbie because you will need to buy the pink matching set. Amazon already has so many inexpensive variations of this look so don’t worry! If you are looking for a more conservative take on Barbie, this look is perfect for you. You will need the pink button up vest top, pink bell bottoms, pink bandana around your neck, and a white cowgirl hat. I recommend doing big Hollywood curls for this look. So cute and everyone will be able to recognize your costume!

3. Rollerblading Barbie

Rollerblading Barbie would make for the perfect couples costume, but is also adorable on its own. It’s so fun and bright you won’t be missed. The biker shorts underneath the 80’s leotard is perfect. The neon yellow knee and elbow pads are a must. To finish off this look you will need a pink visor. A half-up half-down hairstyle is so easy yet so cute. This look is for sure the most fun.

4. Weird Barbie

Kate McKinnon plays the most perfect Weird Barbie. If you wanted to take a funny twist on the Barbie costume and go with a more unique look, Weird Barbie is the costume for you. The dress is available on many costume sites as well as Amazon. The hairstyle and makeup for this look is super crazy and fun. A wig might be the best option for this costume. Weird Barbie is more unique, but still very recognizable for everyone that’s seen the movie.

5. Stereotypical Barbie

There are several fun variations of the Stereotypical Barbie costume. If I was doing this look, I would wear a pink and white checkered two piece set, with a matching daisy necklace and earrings. You could also wear a dress similar to Margot Robbie’s in the movie. I love this look because it’s so girly and cute. The daisy accessories that go with this costume are adorable. \

I hope this list of the top 5 Barbie costumes helps everyone doing a Barbie costume this Halloween. This Halloween is going to be the Halloween of Barbie so be ready!

Tori Rytell is the events director at the Purdue University chapter of Her Campus. She serves as the club treasurer as well as the events coordinator. Tori writes about a variety of topics with focuses on self-care, beauty, entertainment, and relationships. Aside from Her campus, Tori studies political science and business communications with a minor in law and society. Tori is involved in Greek life on campus. In her free time, Tori loves to take her dogs Stella and Max on long walks, watch Netflix reality TV shows or Suits, and spend quality time with her friends.