This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Eating healthy isn’t always easy, especially in college when it can be especially time consuming, costly, and challenging to make sure you are eating well and getting all the necessary vitamins and minerals your body needs to stay healthy and support a strong immune system. While I have found this challenging myself, I have complied a list of a few ways you can tackle this issue.

Smoothies (fruit, green, etc..)

Smoothies are a super easy and delicious way to ensure you are getting all your fruits and veggies for the day. A simple fruit smoothie is a great breakfast, snack, or quick pick-me-up that is both healthy and satisfying. As long as you have access to a blender, it is easy to put in all your preferred fruits, protein options such as nut butters or protein powder, or even vegetable such as spinach or kale for some additional iron.

Check out Pinterest before you shop

Often times, it is challenging to come up with recipes that are creative, healthy, and easy to make. I find it is helpful to check out the recipe portion of Pinterest before I shop for food. This website often inspires me to try new recipes and find ways to make them available in any college living situation, whether it be a dorm with a kitchenette or an apartment with a full-size kitchen.

Vitamin supplements

If you find it tough to ensure you get all your vitamins and minerals, daily vitamins are readily available at most grocery and convivence stores. I take 2 gummy vitamins every morning and this helps me start my day off well. There are many brands to choose from while each catering to your specific nutrient-based needs.

Katelin Bauer is a Junior studying Psychological Sciences with a minor in Law and Society. She is originally from Wisconsin growing up in the Milwaukee area. She enjoys spending time outdoors, traveling, baking, and spending time with friends.