3 Books You Need to Add to Your Barnes & Noble Cart ASAP

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Reading is one of my favorite ways to destress and escape whatever challenges life may be throwing at me. I like to always have a book around to read, which results in a lot of trips to Barnes & Noble. Over the past few months, I have accumulated a list of books that I absolutely adored. Check them out, maybe you will love them too!

The Song of Achilles, Madeline Miller

Now, I know this one may not be everyone’s cup of tea. However, being a huge nerd for Greek mythology, this one was right up my alley. The Song of Achilles tells the story of Achilles and Patroclus and their journey together during the Trojan War. Achilles was known as strong and irresistible, while Patroclus was the exact opposite. Beautifully written, this book explores the connection between the two and shares their story before the cruel Fates intervene. Madeline Miller knocked it out of the park with this one and managed to bring this tragic love story to life. Grab some tissues!

Aphrodite Made Me Do It, Trista Mateer

This is one of the coolest books I own. Aphrodite Made Me Do It is a collection of poems and art written from the perspective of the author, Trista Mateer, and Aphrodite, the Greek Goddess of Love and Beauty. Again, as a Greek mythology lover, this book had everything for me. I love the use of art throughout the book. It makes it really fun to flip through, even after you finish reading. Trista Mateer addresses many issues and topics surrounding femininity and female empowerment. It is such a good read!

Daisy Jones & The Six, Taylor Jenkins Reid

This last one has been very popular and well loved among many, and after reading you will understand why. Daisy Jones & The Six tells the rise and fall of fictional band and starlet Daisy Jones and The Six. Written in the form of multiple interviews of the band looking back on their career, the book starts with the rise of Daisy Jones and her journey getting noticed in L.A. during the late sixties. At the same time, a new band called The Six is rising to fame. After crossing paths, the creatives joined forces and the rest is rock and roll history. I absolutely adored this story and the characters! I actually had to google if the book was about a real band, because the story truly came to life and seemed too real to be fiction.

Andi Baker is a Campus Correspondent and Senior at Purdue University, majoring in Actuarial Science and Applied Statistics with minors in Management and Art and Studio Design. Originally from Manila, Arkansas, Andi loves to drink sweet tea, read, and make art. You can follow her on Instagram @andibaker