Style Icon- Audrey Horne

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purchase chapter.

My most recent style icon just so happens to be a fictional character – Audrey Horne from the television show Twin Peaks!  The show, created by David Lynch and Mark Frost, ran from 1990 until 1991.  It follows an FBI agent’s investigation of a young woman’s murder in the small town of Twin Peaks.  You can check out the IMDB page for the show here.  I started watching the show on Netflix this summer and I was hooked from the start!  There’s all kinds of great drama, as well as lots of humor, too.

Audrey, the daughter of a wealthy hotel owner, was played by the super beautiful Sherilyn Fenn.  Ah, just look at how perfect those brows are!  Who wouldn’t want to be this girl?
Audrey’s look is all about the sweater.  She’s often seen sporting tight-fitting sweaters in soft colors: perfect for fall!

The addition of the saddle shoes to this outfit make it so perfect.  Sweet and fun.  For anyone who thinks that a sweater and skirt combo is “too stuffy,” or “too preppy,” just take a gander at this next photo: 

Um, hello!  How sexy is that look?  She looks great – super polished and very classy.  Now if only I could learn to tie a cherry stem with my tongue… (Oh yeah, she looks great in a Little Black Dress, too!)

Aside from having great fashion sense, Audrey Horne is cool, intelligent, and confident.  I think that makes her a pretty great style icon, wouldn’t you say so?

For more recipes, fashion posts, and other fun things, check out my blog: Love and Look Pretty. 

Christie is a sophomore journalism major at Purchase College in NY, but she’s a Jersey Girl at heart. When she isn’t studying (or being sarcastic), she spends her summers selling crafty jewelry on Long Beach Island and making coffee for her superiors at Parker and Partner’s Marketing Resources. She’s a sucker for debates, sushi, and a really good book. Her dream job (this week) would be at the Village Voice, but she’d be happy with a byline and paycheck. She hopes to make HerCampus bigger and better than ever at Purchase and is excited for the chance to work with these lovely HC ladies.