This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purchase chapter.

On Thursday night my roommates and I decided to have a Mexican-themed dinner party. For dinner we had tacos, chicken enchiladas, and rice and beans.  I decided to make dessert, and I wanted it to be something sweet and easy to eat!  Using some whole wheat tortillas, I tried my hand at making some cinnamon sugar chips.  They came out really well.  When eaten hot, they reminded Christie of churros.  Today, when I was snacking on some at room temperature (I had to make another batch – couldn’t resist), they reminded me of graham crackers. Either way – I’d say it was a success!

You will need:
– whole wheat tortillas (this cookie sheet contained 2 tortillas-worth)
– cinnamon 
– granulated sugar
– 3 tablespoons butter (approx)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F).  Using a knife or a pizza cutter, cut your tortillas into triangles.  Melt butter in a bowl (one minute in the microwave should do the trick).  On a plate, mix enough cinnamon and sugar together to make your coating.  
Dip each tortilla triangle in butter, then transfer to the cinnamon-sugar plate.  Coat both sides of the tortilla in the cinnamon-sugar.  This gets messy!  Make sure you have some paper towels handy.  Arrange the tortillas on a non-stick baking pan.
Bake the tortillas for six minutes.  After six minutes, flip the tortillas and bake for another six minutes.  After this, I sprinkled the almost-crispy chips with a little more cinnamon and sugar – then they went back in the oven for another six minutes on each side.  
Be careful handling the hot tray!  You can serve them immediately, or place them in a Tupperware container to munch on later.

Hope everyone’s enjoying their weekend!  It’s getting chilly up here at school.  I’m looking forward to sweater weather and lots of good, hot food.

For more recipes, fashion posts, and other fun things, check out my blog: Love and Look Pretty. 

Christie is a sophomore journalism major at Purchase College in NY, but she’s a Jersey Girl at heart. When she isn’t studying (or being sarcastic), she spends her summers selling crafty jewelry on Long Beach Island and making coffee for her superiors at Parker and Partner’s Marketing Resources. She’s a sucker for debates, sushi, and a really good book. Her dream job (this week) would be at the Village Voice, but she’d be happy with a byline and paycheck. She hopes to make HerCampus bigger and better than ever at Purchase and is excited for the chance to work with these lovely HC ladies.