This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purchase chapter.

1.    Hometown:
I’m from Pleasantville, New York.

2.   Year and Major: I’m a freshman majoring in drama studies.

3.   When I was little I wanted to be…When I was little I wanted to be an actress. I was honestly one of those kids that switched my career around every 5 seconds, from doctor, to vet, and back to actress. I still want to incorporate theatre into a future career, but my dreams of being a Broadway actress have taken a more realistic turn, I guess you can say.

4.   Favorite band:Well that’s tough. I have a really wide range of music that I like, everything from pop to rock to alternative and all that. My favorite artist at the moment though would have to be Nicki Minaj. That girl is intense.

5.   In a partner, I look for…Someone who can be my best friend. Someone who can laugh with me, chat about anything and everything, and obviously be romantic and sweet too. 

6.   Bet you didn’t know…I love everything Disney. Of course I love the movies (who doesn’t?), but the theme parks are mostly my thing. I’ve been to Disneyland and Disney World at least 7 times each, and I hope to work with the Walt Disney Company someday. There’s just something about the magical feeling you get when you’re watching The Lion King, or riding Space Mountain. You’re a kid again. It’s like nothing else.

7.   My favorite part of Purchase is…the people! Everyone is really laid back and fun and just ready to experience these 4 amazing years together.

8.   Hub, D-Hall, or Terra Ve? It’s a tie between D-Hall and Terra Ve.

9.   Outside of class, I like to…be involved in theatre. Acting and directing have been part of my life since I was eight years old, and it’s really where I’m most comfortable. 

10. What are you looking forward to this semester? I’m looking forward to just trying new things this semester! Meeting new people, taking new classes, joining new clubs and activities…everything. I’m done with getting used to college, now it’s time to find my niche at Purchase

Christie is a sophomore journalism major at Purchase College in NY, but she’s a Jersey Girl at heart. When she isn’t studying (or being sarcastic), she spends her summers selling crafty jewelry on Long Beach Island and making coffee for her superiors at Parker and Partner’s Marketing Resources. She’s a sucker for debates, sushi, and a really good book. Her dream job (this week) would be at the Village Voice, but she’d be happy with a byline and paycheck. She hopes to make HerCampus bigger and better than ever at Purchase and is excited for the chance to work with these lovely HC ladies.