I had a craving for spinach and artichoke dip the other night and THIS is what happened: a spinach and artichoke flatbread! I adapted Alton Brown’s hot spinach and artichoke dip recipe but instead of eating it as a snack with chips or pita, we made a flatbread pizza.
- 1 package thawed, chopped frozen spinach
- 1 can artichoke hearts (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 6ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16″ flatbread
- Chicken (we used 4 tenders – seasoned with salt, black pepper and garlic powder; cooked and cubed)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- Bake flatbread according to package; crisping it first before adding toppings
- Boil thawed spinach and can of chopped artichoke hearts in 1 cup water until tender; drain and discard liquid
- Heat cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl until hot and soft (about 1 minute)
- Stir in cooked spinach, artichoke hearts, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic and salt into cream cheese
- Add in half the parmesan cheese
- Spread mixture evenly over crisped flatbread
- Add seasoned cooked chicken over the spinach and artichoke spread
- Sprinkle remaining parmesan and mozzarella cheese on top
- Bake until flatbread is crispy and cheese is bubbly … approximately 10-15minutes
… Serve immediately and enjoy!
The dip recipe yielded more than what would fit on ONE flatbread … so, unless you plan on making more than one flatbread or are making dip for a party, cut the recipe in half.
PS: the flatbread will taste just as good the next day so don’t fear leftovers!