The Zodiac Signs As Socks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Everyone is different. The zodiac signs (aka the 12 constellations) are one way people figure out and understand their personality and strengths as a person, as each sign is representative of the time period a person was born. Here’s a list of how each zodiac sign would be represented as socks:

1. Aries (3/21-4/19)

Aries are the life of the party. They’re spunky, mischievous and outgoing, so these cat socks illustrate an Aries’ party side and playful nature. Aries are fun just like how these cats would be at a party!

2. Taurus (4/20-5/20)

Tauruses are the busy bees of the zodiac signs; that’s why these bee socks are perfect for the Taurus in your life. They get stuff done, but they’re also in touch with the Earth – and while they may be productive, the Taurus sign is also kind, just like the friendly bumblebee. 

3. Gemini (5/21-6/20)

The twin sign is known for being mysterious and multi-faceted. You never know what to expect with a Gemini. They exude energy and vibrancy, so this sock set has lots of bold prints, color and many options to fit the mood of any indecisive Gemini. 

4. Cancer (6/21-7/22)

Cancers are known for their nurturing and caring nature; they’re one of the calmer signs and like peaceful things. This isn’t to say that Cancers are boring and don’t mind spicing things up a little. Dots are a perfect way for Cancers to add variation to their socks without going crazy. It’s a subtle, subdued change that fits perfectly with Cancer signs. 

5. Leo (7/23- 8/22)

Like the regal lion, Leos are bold and they know that they’re awesome. These socks perfectly sum up the Leo mentality and self-assured nature of their sign. 

6. Virgo (8/23-9/22)

Wellbeing is important to Virgos; they value comfort and soothing things. So, cozy socks are the prime choice of sock for Virgos. They’re comfortable, soft and keep the feet warm. Plus the muted, pastel shades capture the soft nature of Virgos. 

7. Libra (9/23-10/22)

Appearances are an important thing to Libras. As the scales, they value balance and harmony, so these Monet-inspired water lily socks show this balance and harmony of nature. Libras appreciate refined things, too, and the reference to Claude Monet, a famous impressionist artist, makes the Libra feel sophisticated. 

8. Scorpio (10/23-11/22)

These socks embody the bold nature of the Scorpio sign. Scorpios are intense, brave and not afraid to share their opinions. They do their own thing and they live their lives with passion and gusto. 

9. Sagittarius (11/23-12/22)

Always the adventurer, a Sagittarius loves to explore. They also love to dream and push themselves to exceed their wildest expectations. These space-inspired socks capture the adventurous and whimsical nature of Sagittariuses because they always reach for the stars. 

10. Capricorn (12/23-1/20)

Structure and goals are important to Capricorns. These socks aren’t too bold and are acceptable for everyday wear. The floral pattern illustrates the structure of nature that Capricorns appreciate, while the purple color is a symbol of power and ambition – two things Capricorns admire. 

11. Aquarius (1/21-2/18)

The Aquarius sign is known as the humanitarian of the zodiac signs. They’re passionate about social justice and, because they’re progressive thinkers, can see a better future for many things. It would make sense that the Aquarius would wear something that spreads a social message and is related to humanitarian causes. These socks show everyone that girls are awesome and should be treated as such. 

12. Pisces (2/19-3/20)

Pisces are down to earth and caring. They’re attentive and sensitive, so that’s why these succulent socks are perfect for Pisces. They love to care for their plants, always making sure they’re being watered and they even probably have names for all their “plant babies.”

Samantha Grillo graduated from Penn State University with a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism. She loves creative writing, pop culture and Penn State, all of which led her to joining the Her Campus Penn State team at the beginning of her freshman year as a contributing writer. In her free time, Samantha enjoys reading, watching her favorite TV shows, and catching up on the latest movies.